U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,686,634 times

Advertisements

Yes, those Walmart workers must have really needed their job and couldn't run the risk of getting fired.

Otherwise they would have decked that big mouthed ,ignorant,insulting, Kentucky hillbilly and his wife !

Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM

609 posts, read 1,111,119 times
thank you for assuming that because someone works at walmart, they "must not be too intelligent". i work at walmart. i dont think im "stoopid" lol. just because you have bad experiences there doesnt mean ALL of their associates are idiots. i do my damndest to leave all my customers with a smile on their face, and if i dont, well, they obviously entered the store with a bad attitude. i dont love my job, true story, but only because i encounter people like you at least 6 times a day who wander through the store saying how much they hate the place and look at me with disdain...if you dont like it, go somewhere else. we dont want you anyway. and no, they dont get commision.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,880,604 times
Gee...it seems that I am not the only one who has a problem at Walmart.

Best places to shop for everything - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Best-places-to-shop-for-conreps-2904135702.html?x=0 - broken link)

Yep, but I am just making things up.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:32 PM

40,555 posts, read 24,895,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Gee...it seems that I am not the only one who has a problem at Walmart.

Best places to shop for everything - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Best-places-to-shop-for-conreps-2904135702.html?x=0 - broken link)

Yep, but I am just making things up.
Lots of people have had problems at Wal-Mart. People have problems with their local Farmers Market. Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer in the world. Of course lots of people have problems at Wal-Mart. Not all of them tell Wal-Mart employees to their faces that they're not intelligent, though. That takes a special kind of customer.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,880,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That takes a special kind of customer.
You're right!!! I am not one of those "bend over and take it" customers. I am not going to stand for getting treated like dirt AND hand over my hard-earned money for the privilege.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:03 PM

40,555 posts, read 24,895,764 times
Quote:
You're right!!! I am not one of those "bend over and take it" customers. I am not going to stand for getting treated like dirt AND hand over my hard-earned money for the privilege.
Evidently you think you can treat people like dirt though, and they should smile and thank you for that privilege.

Maybe you're a really nice guy. I don't know.

But your posts about Wal-Mart make you sound like an arrogant jerk.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM

11,176 posts, read 14,817,122 times
A reasonable person might realize a manager is not omnipotent and can't know what the problem is beforehand. A reasonable person might have given the manager a chance to apologize, maybe even a chance to explain the situation and possibly offer you a discount to make up for the inconvenience.

And I doubt very much that most reasonable people get a sense of superiority out of telling off a retail worker.
Is your life so miserable that it makes you feel good to think you are more intelligent than the guy working at Wal-mart? Big deal, and probably not true anyway. OTOH if you could say the same about being smarter than the guy working as a physics professor or research scientist maybe I could understand it better.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,787,129 times
Quote:
Nobody says you have to 'bend over and take it', (btw, this is such a low class statement)....but my first question is this: just WHY did you have to be so rude to another human being? Did it make you feel taller? Did you sleep better that night? Were you having some personal issues before you decided to go to Wal Mart that day? Were you cranky from the heat and humidity? Have you been abused at times in your life and so you think it's okay to abuse others?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe not all of the electronics employees were authorized to carry around those keys? The newbie didn't have one and she did the right thing in notifying a superior. Did you stop to think that maybe the employees that were in a huddle when you first arrived might have thought you were a Secret Shopper and they had better end their breaks and get back to the gardening or make-up departments, where they usually work? (Taking a break is legal, even in stores such as Wal Mart).

From what you wrote, I sensed that you obviously went in there with a chip on your shoulder, so why did you go in the first place? You went home and found it cheaper with less stress involved, so maybe stay home next time and let your 'mouse' do the walking for you before you head on out. (btw: Amazon is not always the cheapest either, so consider yourself lucky that you found a deal).

Did you ever wonder how hard it is to work retail? To have to deal with rude customers day in and day out? My brother, sister and daughter have all worked retail and dealing with the public is not easy. In fact, it's exhausting because customers, such as yourself, can sometimes be rude, demanding and short-tempered, so tell me, who is earing 'hard earned money' here?

Another comment/question: I'm curious--do you have the results of IQ tests of all employees working at Wal Mart? Was this something that Sam Walton set up? How do you know the intelligence levels of their employees?

Money is money in my book and they all have bills to pay just like you, so please, think twice before you set out to be nasty to an employee of a company. If you don't like the way it goes, walk up to a front desk and talk to a manager. Don't lower your intelligence level by acting out in the middle of a store....it just shows ignorance and lack of self-control.

I live in southern California and go to Wal Mart quite often. While I sometimes can't find what I want, or I can't find an employee readily available to help me, I find that anybody that I ask tries to assist me, speaks correct grammer, (although sometimes it's with an accent), and tries to help me the best way possible. I guess I go to a good Wal Mart whose employees passed all the 'stupid' tests.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 PM

609 posts, read 1,111,119 times
p.s. did your son get to see you put down that associate? thats good parenting....

Old 06-16-2010, 08:54 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,763,128 times
Why are their so many small people out there that get their selves all worked up about things that should be like water off a ducks back. Life is far too short and their are too many real problems to deal with in ones life without getting all riled up over trifles.
You know what I do when someone gives me the finger out there on the road? If I get a chance at a stop light or something like that I roll down my window, smile at them and wish them a good day. I'm the person that I decide to be. I don't let others decide for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products