U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 PM

8,265 posts, read 18,718,318 times

Advertisements

. did your son get to see you put down that associate? thats good parenting....

I was thinking that , also.

I live in coastal California where we do not have any Walmarts (or any "big box" stores) and I really do miss them. No one can beat their prices for cat food & detergent. I also just like walking up and down the aisles. There is so much to see.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,682,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
You're right!!! I am not one of those "bend over and take it" customers. I am not going to stand for getting treated like dirt AND hand over my hard-earned money for the privilege.
You bring back memories of an aunt of mine when I was a teenager.

Her favorite expression was----" so I told them what I thought"

( she was a real " bearcat" on store employees)

I used to think she was quite opiniionated.
As I got older, I realized she had mental problems.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,682,398 times
How about some good news ?

I was to our Walmart Supercenter this afternoon. (23 miles away)

Clerks were friendly, I was friendly, spent $103.62 on groceries and the cashier did a good job packaging.

I left home in a good mood and arrived back home in a good mood.

Nothing extraordinary about today.
It would be extraordinary if it was different from today.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 AM

3,790 posts, read 7,879,229 times
Good to see there are plenty of Walmart "can do no wrong" apologists out there.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 AM

990 posts, read 1,546,045 times
Quote:
Good to see there are plenty of Walmart "can do no wrong" apologists out there.
No one here is apologizing for Walmart. Now I'm getting annoyed.

One can be right and properly upset saying "my Walmart sucks". "All the Walmarts in my area suck". But to say 'all Walmarts suck and everyone who shops there is an idiot" is all wrong.
It's like saying all Irish are drunks, all blacks are lazy, all Muslims are terrorists, all Jews are rich, all Catholics are going to hell, all Kentuckians are ignorant hillbillies.
Are any of these statements correct?
No.
Some Muslims are terrorists, some Catholics are going to hell, some Irish are drunks. I know a couple of born again Christian women who left their husbands and kids to run away with their ministers. If I know of two personally, there are assuredly more of them, but I would be wrong in saying that born again Christian women are sluts.
No offense meant, born again Christian women. I'm just trying to express a point. No offense meant to any Irish, blacks, Muslims, Jews, Catholics or Kentuckians.
I don't like a place, I just don't go there.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 AM

990 posts, read 1,546,045 times
Sorry about that. I just get indignant. I don't care about Walmart as such. I don't know anyone who works there. I just don't think it's right to slam a company or a person over and over just because you don't like them.
In my town I've seen a lot of nasty anti George Bush bumper stickers. Now, I didn't much care for him as president, but it makes me mad to see them over and over again. Some of those stickers look fairly new too. I don't like those vulgar anti Yankees bumper stickers either, and I don't even like baseball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products