Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to replace my 6 year old junk mp3 player and decided to give Walmart another shot. After all, I have hated them for years and rarely use them unless I have to. I already knew which model/brand I wanted and knew it was in stock in my local store because I checked on their website.

Anywho, my wife and son came along and as we are walking back to the electronics department, we notice five, yes FIVE workers, working the electronics section. We get to the counter where you have to ask for the merchandise because they have it locked up and it was like you could hear crickets. There was not one person to be found. So my wife see's this woman walking up and down the aisle's near the DVD's and my wife flags her down. The woman comes to the counter, only to tell us that she is fairly new and doesn't have a key for the locking doors on the counter. WTF!!! So she get's on the horn and calls for one of the other electronics workers who had scattered like roaches when we came over. We wait and wait and after 10 minutes, I start putting the other stuff I had in my hands back on the shelf and my wife asks for a manager. (not that it will do any good)

When I get back to the counter, my wife is laying into the poor guy and my wife asks the manager, "Why would you leave a new employee all alone, without a key?" And before he could answer, I piped up, "because he works at Walmart, therefore he can't be too intelligent." With that, we walked out.

Why is it so damn hard to get service, especially at Walmart? I am not sure their electronic associates get commission, but Best Buy does and they jump through hoops to help you. Sure, you may be able to save a few bucks at Walmart, that is if you can actually get your hands on the f---ing product!!!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
um simple solution... go to target.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Seems to me you walked into the store with a chip on your shoulder looking for a reason to continue your hating of Walmart, and surprise surprise you found it.

Let's be honest here, Walmart doesn't need your money and I am pretty certain that the manager that you "spoke" to was more than happy to watch you leave the store.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
um simple solution... go to target.
Too late. I went to Amazon. I actually paid less at Amazon, including with the shipping costs.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
Quote:
Too late. I went to Amazon. I actually paid less at Amazon, including with the shipping costs.
Sweetie, you should have done that in the first place. If I needed something, and my only choice was a store I didn't like, I'd have checked Amazon first.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Seems to me you walked into the store with a chip on your shoulder looking for a reason to continue your hating of Walmart, and surprise surprise you found it.
Bingo...

Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I'll buy an item for the cheapest price regardless of how long I have to wait. Sometimes it's WalMart and sometimes it isn't. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:44 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:

Let's be honest here, Walmart doesn't need your money and I am pretty certain that the manager that you "spoke" to was more than happy to watch you leave the store.

Bingo !

Rep points for seeing thru the smoke.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:

You're right. Walmart doesn't need my money. Hell, it turns out that they weren't even the lowest price. Of course if you dig deep, you will find out that the vast majority of their items are of a higher price than their competitors.

And if the manager was happy to see us leave, that points out yet another problem with retail nowadays. The customer is always wrong. It's our fault the workers ran away. It's our fault they left one woman in charge of the entire department with no keys. It's our fault that no one came when she called. It's our fault...yep.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:35 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
^^ Never had that problem here, It might be the part of the prevailing attitude of the people where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products