U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 06:45 PM

30,587 posts, read 28,278,604 times

Advertisements

We need a buyer beware thread, and this is one of the items I’ve seen that falls into that category. If you have another product or service place add it this this thread for others.

Local newspapers have been advertising a “Free Miracle Air Cooler” from Mira-Cool.

“Free” Miracle Air Cooler from MIRA-COOL Only Costs $400 | Connecticut Watchdog

After reading the information on the link above, I’d find it hard to buy one of the units. It falls into the buyer beware category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 PM

Question Gold buying scams

I’m seeing some gold scams that appear to be getting more attention in the newspaper and on the radio/tv that truly can’t be all that they say they are. I wonder how many people are duped into buying something from unscrupulous dealers? :thinking: This is getting to be a bigger problem in my area.

Not just buying but selling gold is getting very dishonest.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 PM

93 posts, read 326,566 times
Believe it or not, Proactiv has really shady billing practices. My friend is still fighting with them to actually cancel and not postpone her account. They also say she owes money for products she never received or used. This is a girl with a perfect credit rating (no, really. She's an accountant). Sooo many problems with them.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:30 PM

Thumbs down 99 Cent stores! & The Others

99 Cent stores! & The Others

I’m finding many products inside the store that are not up to the same standards of quality as was once found in them. I’ve bought some tape that I needed for a job a specific job and also it looked good it failed sticking like it should have. It was a no name brand from China.

A lot of the food products on the shelves are from outside the country and this is a little troubling to me, so I don’t purchase anything eatable from the discount stores. Seems I’ve heard too often in the past about food problems or issues and these products from outside the country have little or no control of how they processed.

There are some items that might be a value however I simply don’t know if I can trust manufactures producing cheap items and selling them here in the states.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 PM

8,270 posts, read 18,734,668 times
I'm not sure that it is safe to use medications or toothpaste or to consume anything from the Dollar Store. They're fine for most things, but not most things to eat (candy and all is probably all right).

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-05-2010, 08:44 PM

15,893 posts, read 15,551,094 times
Be sure to check the expiration dates on the food and drug items in the Dollar Stores. I don't buy anything there that is edible except for hard candy from a name brand manufacturer.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:58 PM

43,858 posts, read 45,089,447 times
Here is an informative link you may want to bookmark.............
Ripoff Report | Scams, consumer complaints, and frauds reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products