Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 04:06 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,198 times

Advertisements

In a world of grocery and retail sad tales, poor customer service, and on and on. I just had to say, after reading another thread briefly mentioning this store, I love my local Publix!!

The associates are friendly, smiling, available, helpful, AND they practically feed you a 3 course meal before you get through the sliding entry doors.

The bake shop people, look up from what they are working on if the customer so much as lingers more than one to two seconds. "Can I help you?" Again, samples abound.

The Boar's Head turkey and deli products are delish. Yeah, even at sometimes $12 and up per pound. The little fried chicken side counter has some of the best fried chicken I have ever tasted. That includes in restaurants. People literally line up on the weekends to buy it.

Thank you Publix, where, "Shopping is Truly a Pleasure".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I have to admit that Publix bends over backwards to make your shopping as easy and pleasant as possible. With the good Publix Brand discount products, it also makes it affordable. Other than usually being very busy, their stores are near about perfect.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:45 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Anybody know how far north they have their stores?

I've never seen any in Minnesota.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 PM

23,595 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Publix stores are like any store, a lot comes from corporate, a lot depends on the local manager and staff, but some of the reputation depends on the clientele. When I was in south Florida, I viewed the Publix stores themselves as OK but not great, but I absolutely LOATHED most of the customers in the stores. Blockades of shopping carts from self-absorbed old farts were common, and one Christmas season I watched in disbelief as one elderly woman literally stole a shopping cart from a young man who had only one item in his cart. When he said "Excuse me, that was my cart" she just ignored him and kept on shopping. At that point, I stopped any major shopping at Publix. If a staffer or member of management had hoisted the (rhymes with witch) out, I would have continued shopping there.

In the store I frequent in north Alabama, I have NEVER seen a staff or management that is more accommodating or on the ball. The prices are generally higher, but I've been in ultra high-end retailers with staff that couldn't hold a candle to the folks in this store.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
I hear mostly great things about Publix...we have no equivalent in the DFW area. I'm envious. I want Publix here!

Around my area we have:

• Kroger - Get ready for crappy service at the checkout. Get ready for zero service anywhere else in the store. Oh and you SHOULD like being dripped on by old AC condensers that should have been replaced years ago. You should like having your produce thrown around and damaged. And the quality of their meat and produce is not great.
  • Tom Thumb - same level of crappy service at checkout as Kroger, and some irritatingly pesky employees who will force-greet you and engage you in conversation ONLY when you're in a hurry and you know exactly where everything is that you're looking for. If you can't find something, you can't find anyone to help you. And they are overpriced as hell. Better meat and produce quality than Kroger.
  • Sprouts - Best in the area in my opinion. Service could be better but other than that Sprouts is great. But it's a niche market so I can't do all of my shopping there.
  • Super Target - Ha! Forget it. They are not really cheap except for some processed foods. Amy's Organic frozen meals are dirt cheap there but most other things are not.
  • Fiesta - Better speak Spanish. Many of the associates do not speak much English and most of the customers have limited English. This is the store in this area most likely to sell you rotten meat, spoiled milk, and moldy produce. I hear other Fiesta locations are better. Don't care to find out.
  • Whole Foods - More like "Whole Paycheck." And the quality of their produce is AWFUL, at least at my location.
  • HEB Central Market - That place is a zoo. It's laid out to make you go through every little area and it's packed and hard to navigate. I really hate that. The quality of their produce IS extremely good and they do have things you can't find anywhere else, but they also charge you through the nose for it. And the people who shop there...mostly...are incredibly self-absorbed d-bags.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:00 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
I too love my Publix, they have great items ang great service!
Since I'm expecting my first baby I registered for their "baby club", I have already received lots of coupons (including some for free stuff!), plus a 900 pages book about how to look after a child ages 0-5! I just couldn't believe it!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
plus a 900 pages book about how to look after a child ages 0-5! I just couldn't believe it!
What?? A 900 page book?! Publix is just too much!

Old 08-16-2010, 03:26 PM

70 posts, read 313,352 times
I had to come out of hiding to sing the praises of Publix as well. I've only been to one (and it was actually in South Florida, Fort Lauderdale to be specific) and I thought it was great too! The fresh fried chicken was also awesome. I live in DFW and wish they had Publix here too.

Big D- I stick to Kroger with the occasional Tom Thumb visit (I love the double & triple couponing at both stores), with the rare Super Wal-Mart visit. Kroger stores can be iffy, but I have found a very nice one to frequent.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:03 PM

45 posts, read 143,420 times
Publix is awesome. I grew up with them in South FL and am happy they are here in GA. Someone asked about locations; they are in FL, GA, SC, AL, and TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products