Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM

161 posts, read 640,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
There's two story Target out there ?

I've been to a Dick's that was two stories and of course, Wegman's but haven't been to one that was a Target - yet.
Yes, there are two story stores. Not a ton of them though. I have been in two of them. One was in Downtown Minneapolis (flagship store) and another was in Cleveland, Ohio. I know of another in Springfield, PA, not far from Philadelphia.

The two story locations don't necessarily have much more than the one level stores, but they are more spread out and open. They do have the shopping cart escalators where your cart rides up and down a belted track while you ride along side it on a normal escalator. They have checklanes on both floors too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 04:28 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,858 times
I have been to two Seattle Target stores, north and south. Both of them in big box settings in mall type areas.

The north store is larger but has the same problems of the south store--lack of merchandise. In fact I was in Target yesterday and found the same shortage of merchandise and shelf 'fronting' I always see.

The laundry detergent aisle is huge. There were only 4 types of detergent, stacked on every shelf over and over again. Ditto for toothpaste, half a mile of toothpaste but basically only 4 kinds, shelf after shelf.

The cosmetic section is the worst. Lack of stock, empty displays. Always.

Clothing is of limited selection and poor quality. I can buy $25 pants in a lot of places. I disdain Target clothing at those prices for loose threads, dangling buttons, and overall poor construction.

Seattle has no Walmart so Target's main competitor here is Fred Meyer, a vastly superior store. Fred Meyer always has a much better selection of goods, better quality on household items, and very good prices.

Target in Seattle is really a pretty down-at-the-heels retailer.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
We could really use either a Walmart or a Target in Santa Cruz, but the city imagines itself to be too "cool" for these kinds of stores. Many of the people who live here, though, would welcome either one as there is nowhere to shop & the city could really use the revenue.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-12-2010 at 09:04 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
My local Super Target sucks. The store cannot seem to keep women's clothing and women's lingerie organized. I find it difficult to find underwear, bras, and clothing in my size because they let the stock get disorganized so you pretty much have to look at every single item on every single rack to find the one thing that you want. Life's too short for that crap and it loses Target my business on those items.

Another thing about my Super Target is they do not carry half & half. Only fat-free half & half and non-dairy creamer. I have NEVER understood that. It's ridiculous.

The store itself is a bit dirty, the carts are in terrible shape, the cashiers are surly, they clean the conveyor belts with bleach so you can't put clothing on them (and if you do, the bleach stain doesn't set in until later and it's hard to get a refund), they have left punctured cans of cat food on the shelves for days at a time until they are teeming with maggots (I no longer buy cat food there), and it's basically all-around a miserable experience shopping there.

In fact I'm not sure why I still do it.

Lest you think my Super Target is in a "ghetto" area, it's actually in a very nice and desirable area of FND/Richardson near Dallas, Texas. The area itself is middle to upper middle class and the shopping centers have a clean, newish, prosperous look to them. So you'd never know that the Target is a horror show until you go inside. I have written to corporate and spoken to the manager about the state of the place and nobody seems to care. I've also noticed that it's much less crowded than it used to be so obviously I'm not the only person who has noticed the sorry state of the place. Crowds aren't any thinner at any of the other local stores.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
There is a target boycott. Not trying to start something political - but since the subject is Target it is one side of the coin -

Target Boycott Movement Grows Following Donation to Support "Antigay" Candidate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 08-14-2010, 11:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
My local target is like three years old and a separate building built on property of a mall. It basicallt sells the same things as wal-mart but at mostly higher prices. the grocery section is really limited and quite high i comparison to even local chain grocery stores.Top tell you the truth i rarely actaully shop there since the selection is so much mroe linted and higher priced than say other big chain stores such as wal-art;sam's ;costco offering the same quailty, When I want higher quailty I go to specialiy stores.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:10 PM

73 posts, read 218,088 times
I have moved several times and have encountered several Targets across the state of Texas. It is interesting to me how much variation there is between them.
Watauga, TX
This is a SuperTarget in a strip center. It looks relatively new. It has a really good selection in terms of women's clothing. This department is bigger than in most Target stores I've been to. The grocery section is actually really good. I appreciate the wide selection of organic and natural products. I'm a fan of the Archer Farms brand which is a Target brand in particular. This store has a Starbucks and Pizza Hut/ food counter with pretzels, popcorn etc. It also has a pharmacy. It does have a photo center but they no longer develop film or have send out service for film. Also, they did a poor job on some of my prints so I no longer take photos there. Overall, this store seems clean and well maintained. Checkers are generally friendly and efficient.

Southlake, TX
This is a regular Target also located in a strip center. I've been here a couple of times and don't recall a Starbucks or Pizza Hut, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. This is a much smaller store and seems older overall. For it's location I would expect a nicer store.

Beaumont, TX
This is a regular Target also located in a strip center. I know that this is an older store. It's been there since I was born. This one has a smaller clothing selection than other Targets I've frequented. The bathrooms seem clean. This store has a photo center, but no pharmacy. It also has a Starbucks and Pizza hut which were added 5 or so years ago.

Nederland, TX
This is a SuperTarget. It is a newer store (built about 10 years ago) located inside an indoor mall. This is a pretty nice store altogether. It has a decent clothing selection and pretty good grocery selection. It always seems really clean. I do not recall a Pizza Hut or Starbucks, but again, does not mean that it does not have these. This store has a pharmacy and photo center. My one complaint about this store is that it does not have any check out lanes by the entrance leading into the mall, meaning that unless you parked outside the Target entrance you have to walk back through the store with your merchandise.

Austin, TX (North IH-35)
This is a regular Target store, located in a strip center. I do not remember a Starbucks or Pizza hut. This also always seemed to me like an older store. Good selection of dorm/college-specific merchandise since it is close to UT. Decent clothing department for a regular Target. Out of all of the Targets I've been to this was the least clean, and perhaps most in need of a remodel.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Wow jenamamie....you should start a Target Blog.

I thought they were all pretty much the same from coast to coast, so I was surprised to read this thread.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Well there's no Target near my house but when I do shop at Target I go to the Super Target in Waterford Lakes. I hate going there. The store is in a outlet mall, parking is near impossible and the store always feels too small because of the people just standing in the aisle. The inside of the store is always clean but because it's in college territory they often have big pallets right in the middle of the floors.

It does have the Taco Bell, Pizza hut, Starbucks thing.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM

73 posts, read 218,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wow jenamamie....you should start a Target Blog.

I thought they were all pretty much the same from coast to coast, so I was surprised to read this thread.
Haha. I am quite the Target fan. It's one of those places where I go in for a couple of items and always manage to come out with a cart-full. I guess that means they've got good marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products