U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:56 PM

161 posts, read 563,738 times

Advertisements

I have worked for Target for many years and at 6 different stores. And I have visited many more. I am always amazed at how many different versions there are.

I am just curious what the store in your area is like.

Is it older, newer?

Is it a stand-alone building, or part of a strip mall or enclosed mall? Is it two-stories, as some are?

Is it small, large, a Greatland, or Super Target (with a full grocery store)?

Does it have a Starbucks, Pizza Hut, pharmacy, photo lab, clinic, or portrait studio?

Has your store recently been remodeled, or is a remodel overdue? Do they have air conditioner issues? (I ask this because I have worked in two that did)

I am just looking to see which features are most common and which are more unique? Make sure to include where your store is located if you choose to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 PM

8,265 posts, read 18,721,748 times
You might want to mention where your Targets are just to jumpstart the thread.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 PM

161 posts, read 563,738 times
Okay,

Here are my past stores:

Grand Junction, CO...connected to a mall, built in 1980, remodeled and expanded in 2004, has Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and pharmacy

Fargo, ND...stand-alone building across from the mall, built in the late 70s, remodeled and expanded in 2005, has Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and photo lab, very busy store

Owensboro, KY...in a strip mall, built in 1997 and remodeled in 2006, has Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and pharmacy, sight of a shooting in 2005

Jefferson City, MO...stand-alone store, built in the mid 90s and remodeled in 2007, has Starbucks, Pizza Hut, pharmacy, and photo lab

Abilene, TX...stand-alone store, small store built in the 80s and in desperate need of a remodel, everything is old except the registers

San Angelo, TX...in a strip mall, smaller store built in the late 80s, could stand a remodel but it is in better shape than the Abilene store

Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 PM

39,944 posts, read 57,770,652 times
I don't think that I really care if the Target is attached, detached, old or new. What I care is the selection, clarity in display, clean store and nice service. I am not going there to admire the architecture, or have a milk shake at McDonald. ATM machine and clean restrooms are a plus, but when I go shopping, I make sure I have money to pay for it. Supertarget is fine, but not actually a store where I would buy my groceries. Pizza Hut is not necessary, pharmacy and photo store/studio is probably useful addition for some.
Maybe I am down to Earth shopper, but when I go to a store - I have a plan, I am looking for something in particular, lets say a pair of shoes or bedsheets. I go in, check on that and go out. Pizza Hut does not get my attention, or Photo Studio, or Starbucks. When I plan to have a coffee, or pizza... I do not go to Target for that reason.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 7,589,954 times
The interesting thing about the two story ones is the shopping cart escalator, which is kind of neat to look at.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:03 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,760,679 times
Mays Landing, NJ. Working there for 4 yrs now. It's a standalone structure that's part of a shopping complex. This Target is somewhere between a regular Target and a Super Target...it's a regular Target + a produce and larger market section.

The store had a major interior remodel (store sections moves around, no yellow, green, blue signs anymore, revamped fitting room, etc.) about 2 summers ago. Sometimes I shop at (pre-remodel) Targets near my college and feel like I'm in a time-warp or something!! Very VERY attractive male co-workers on the sales floor...oh those were the days!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 AM

30,586 posts, read 28,254,676 times
Default Arizona

North Phoenix area of Bell Rd & 7th Street, the store is a new updated Super Target. About two years ago they closed the older store and completely demolished the building. The new one is much larger and stands alone in a cluster of other stores in the strip mall. Large grocery area, photo lab, clinic, pharmacy and a star bucks/Pizza Hut are all inside.

There’s never an issue inside with a/c mainly because it’s such a new store. The restrooms are very clean and well taken care of. There is a long line of checkout stands in a row. I’ve notice that the other store we sometimes use has them in a smaller cluster where there are two rows on in front of the other. I don’t know which style of checkout I like best yet.

After it first opened I noticed several teenage boys playing around inside the store making a nonsense of themselves. After watching them for several minutes I observed them taking an audio cd, removing it from the package, and placing it inside their clothing. I had reported the kids to two different employees in the area but neither did anything about the them. I moved on to another department and area when I noticed they were starting to leave the store. I contacted an employee at the customer service desk near the front door but nothing was ever done about them. It upset me to think that this type of action by teens inside would be allowed and no one interested, much less the fact that they were shoplifting.

I’ve heard on the news that Target is one of two retail corporations that contributes to the political campaign in Minnesota. I can’t remember the name of the politician running for office, however his record, views and opinions about gays isn’t something that I would support. I also believe that corporations should NOT contribute to campaigns, it’s business buying off government officials. I don’t believe any politician should receive money from business for any reason. They are elected by the people voting and should represent the people who put them in office. Because of the Minnesota CEO contributing to (paying) politician I’m now spending my shopping money to other stores to buy what I need.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 AM

11,627 posts, read 6,402,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
The interesting thing about the two story ones is the shopping cart escalator, which is kind of neat to look at.
There's two story Target out there ?

I've been to a Dick's that was two stories and of course, Wegman's but haven't been to one that was a Target - yet.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 AM

11,627 posts, read 6,402,594 times
I live in an area where there are at least 2 Targets and 3 Walmarts within a 30 minute drive. It's interesting who decides where the bathrooms will be located as each one is in a different location in the store. If people aren't aware/in a hurry and visit both of these places, they could accidentally walk into the opposite sex's bathroom

Old 08-11-2010, 09:17 AM

10,664 posts, read 8,077,860 times
Aiken, SC.
I would say the store is not very old, though I don't have a clue since I've only been here for one and a half years. Maybe it's been remodelled recently.
I don't know if it's a what you call small or large Target, because it's the only Target I've ever been to! But I consider it large.
It has a pharmacy, and what I call "the pop-corn place", as you can smell popcorn almost all over the store.
It's in a strip mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products