Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I have one of those and I use it all the time, not out of laziness but because I don't have to lean forward to manipulate the stereo controls and it's easier to keep my eyes on the road and I'm less likely to accidentally turn the wheel by leaning forward. I used to have a car that had the stereo controls mounted on the steering wheel. They don't make enough of those any more IMO.
Steering wheels with radio controls are actually alot more mainstream now than they were 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,876 times
I have seen younger guys mowing their small lawns on the sit-down mower gizmos on pretty days and wondered...

IMO, the drive-throughs for the simplest necessities are pretty lazy. The dang Ice Cream shop, which just opened near us, has a drive-through!
And everybody around here's overweight for a reason: Won't walk 2 yards anywhere. Then they'll complain about the gas prices & traffic the most!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,297 times
I too saw the hard boiled eggs, and thought that was the utmost, then I looked at the price and figured not only lazy but stupid.
I have a friend that is from Morocco, she will make many trips to carry the same things instead of making one trip because carrying them all at one time is lazy, in other words she will carry one bag of groceries and make many trips instead of one trip and many groceries. I love her but trying to teach her to work smart has been impossible.
I think thier is a thin line between what one thinks of lazy and another thinks of convenience or time saving.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM

702 posts, read 3,152,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Talk about the ultimate zero-sum gain, leaf blowers must be it! They're annoying and nasty polluters, too.
I use a leaf blower because I have a loction where small leaves end up in my river rock and I can't get them out any other way.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:17 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I use a leaf blower because I have a loction where small leaves end up in my river rock and I can't get them out any other way.
I think that is a legitimate reason.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:23 PM

115 posts, read 464,253 times
I'd love to have my car park itself...not out of laziness but because it can be so stressful trying to squeeze into a tiny parking space in city traffic.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbgirl View Post
I'd love to have my car park itself...not out of laziness but because it can be so stressful trying to squeeze into a tiny parking space in city traffic.
Just ask Meadow Soprano! If she had an autoparking Lexus it could have been curtains for her.

See? Who know how many times you've missed getting popped because parallel parking is such a pain!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Living is a car-dependent state, I have wondered, how do you get weekly groceries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Actually the truth is, I don't own a car either, and haven't for about five or so years of my adult life (usually I ride my bike or take the subway or bus to work or anywhere else), but I used to, hence my desire for a car that would find a parking spot on its own.

I'm thinking the OP is either a windup or has formed all his or her opinions on the US by watching television.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Living is a car-dependent state, I have wondered, how do you get weekly groceries?
I can walk to the grocery store, it is about a mile away (but pretty near the subway stop I get off of to go home, so it is pretty convenient), and if I feel like buying a bunch of heavy things I don't want to schlep home or stock up, either order them online via a local online delivery service we have, or I'll take a taxi home.

They are building a new grocery store less that 1/2 a mile away from my house, when that is finished I'll go there. For stuff like milk, eggs, and basic stuff, I can go to the corner store that is just at the end of the block.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:33 PM

141 posts, read 686,208 times
after reading all this I am grateful to be a lazly american with a dishwasher, washing machine and a car. I wouldn't have time to be on line if I had to do it all by hand every day. Since I'm in texas I am most grateful today for air conditioning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products