Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
contraptions that pick up trash without having to bend over
For those of us with bad backs, that's NOT lazy, that's a life saver. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 07:16 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Here's something I've always wondered about ... the drinking straw. Seriously, how difficult is it to put a cup to your lips to drink? I imagine the inventor of the straw sat back and thought "Hey, it's just too far to lift a cup to my lips, there's got to be a better way - a shortcut! Yeah, that's it, I'll put something in the cup that reaches my face so I won't have to struggle to lift the cup." Hence the cylindrical siphoning device we all cherish so fondly today!

Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,375,821 times
I used to have a neighbor with a HUGE pit bull. He would drive his beat up car around the school parking lot holding the dog leash out the car window. The dog would trot along. It was sad......very sad.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Quote:
Here's something I've always wondered about ... the drinking straw. Seriously, how difficult is it to put a cup to your lips to drink?
You've never been flat on your back in the hospital then, right? For those who have, putting a cup to your lips means a bed full of water. Liz

Old 07-27-2007, 07:30 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Well, there's no argument that it takes less energy to order groceries online that are then delivered to the house than driving to the store to purchase them. But I would do it if there was a service like that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Amazing, isn't it, how not having a car actually became lazier than having one!

Old 07-27-2007, 07:30 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
I'm pretty fond of straws myself, particularly since I have a mustache. Straw = no liquid dripping from my mustache, and a more sanitary drinking experience too.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:31 AM

306 posts, read 1,036,240 times
Precooked Bacon.

Seriously now. Its taking the most precious cut of meat and making it even more lazy. It also does not taste nearly as good. ITS RUINING PERFECTION!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
You've never been flat on your back in the hospital then, right? For those who have, putting a cup to your lips means a bed full of water. Liz
Nope. I work out every day and lead a very healhy lifestyle, so no laying in a hospital bed for this old broad.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:12 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Nope. I work out every day and lead a very healhy lifestyle, so no laying in a hospital bed for this old broad.
You might be taking a lot for granted...those who don't work out and lead a healthy lifestyle are not the only ones occupying a hospital bed. You can still get broadsided by a truck....many others things...get stricken with cancer...
You could also end up being the one holding the straw for someone else....

Old 07-28-2007, 02:57 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
You might be taking a lot for granted...those who don't work out and lead a healthy lifestyle are not the only ones occupying a hospital bed. You can still get broadsided by a truck....many others things...get stricken with cancer...
You could also end up being the one holding the straw for someone else....
Or sometimes.... your back just gives out. It doesn't only happen to the sedentary. It happened to my wife when she was in her early 20s and relatively fit at the time. She has not been the same since. The patronizing implication that it MUST BE your fault if your back gives out because you're not active enough made me so angry that I had to refrain from responding. I'm glad you did it in the level-headed way that I was not able to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products