U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 03:45 PM

36 posts, read 108,956 times

Advertisements

fine. i will admit that i forgot (honestly) to tip the guy last year when i ordered a pizza. i felt terrible when it occurred to me. i never have it delivered so the thought didn't cross my mind. i know. i'm awful. but it hasn't happened since then. wish i knew the guy's name. i'd take him a few bucks... poor pizza dude. :...(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 07:05 AM

859 posts, read 1,922,272 times
You people ever thought that most of the time they carry more then one Pizza and therefore make more then one stop per delivery? ( I know I use to work in a pizza place also) I am sure you guys will denie that too
Sorry YOU choose this Job, I am not paying for you're vehicle Maintance. Thats you're Choice you made by taking this JOB, I will pay you for delivering & being on time & and my food being hot
And yes I have send back Pizza's before because they had too many pizza's cramped in the backseat and the cheese was stuck on the top, or my pizza's were cold

SORRY .. It's not my fault !

To the Midwestern Bookworm: Who are you to tell people if they cant afford you're type of tipping they should not order out? Kind of rude if you ask me.... who are you to judge people ?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:24 PM

161 posts, read 634,146 times
The answer to me (also a pizza delivery driver) is simple: until those non-tippers have to rely on tips and walk a mile in my shoes, they will never sympathize or change their ways.

Warning, rant ahead! If this doesn't apply to you and you're a good tipper, brava to you

I'm sure there are various reason that have been covered by non tippers in this thread, but I haven't read the whole thing yet. Most are bullcarp. Here's what we usually hear:

-The order was late-usually not the driver's fault. It's the store's. We are just the messenger.

-I can't afford to tip/I'm broke/ I have bills to pay- so do I. I have the same bills as you. And when you don't tip me, I'm broke too. And if you can afford to order food for delivery, you are saying you can afford the cost that delivery entails. That includes tipping the driver. Especially if you have large orders. I am polite regardless of how people tips because that's how I work. However to the inconsiderate **** who ordered $46 worth of food on credit and took all my parm and red pepper packets and didn't tip- eff you. You can afford to tip when you order the same amount of food every week.

-The order is wrong- the driver is given your order and told to deliver it as fast as possible. Therefore we usually don't make the order. It's waiting for us already. Don't take it out on the driver's tip- they did THEIR job correctly.

-Delivery drivers don't even do that much. They don't even serve me like a waitress- yes, they do. Besides wear and tear and gas, pizza delivery is one of the top 10 most dangerous professions in America. Show some respect.

BTW, Less than $2 for a tip on ANY amount is unacceptable. My fuel and repair costs eat that up. DOn't think we like you so much that we just love to deliver your dinner for free because we love you. Remember also, we do NOT get the entire delivery charge. We get about half, and that's to cover our fuel costs. But this is not a substitute for tipping your driver either. If we delivered pizzas just to pay for the fuel to get to you, we wouldn't be delivering pizzas, that's for sure.

Last edited by Subie; 10-03-2008 at 04:35 PM..

Old 10-07-2008, 07:53 AM

I do tip more then $ 2.00 IF service was good . If my pizza get here cold or stuck to the lid , I dont think so! I respect everyone till they show no respect for me, also if the Delievery person cant even crack a Smile sorry dont think youre getting a BIG tip.
I would like to see the proof on the pizza delivery is one of the top 10 most dangerous professions in America. Got any proof on that I would like to see that.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 AM

44,036 posts, read 53,965,987 times
We always tip the driver, but I was also under the impression that drivers are reimbursed for mileage and gasoline.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 AM

and most of them are..... I know in our area they get both + tips

Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM

In essence, yes, you ARE paying for part of the maintenance on my car. You think I'd do this job if that wasn't true? Right.

It's understandable that you think it's messed up that customers have to fill in the gaps to make this job worth it. But we can't change that.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I would like to see the proof on the pizza delivery is one of the top 10 most dangerous professions in America. Got any proof on that I would like to see that.

Pizza delivery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/extra/P63405.asp (broken link)
http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=3175772&nav=3HvEYVpz (broken link)
http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/07/pf/2...jobs/index.htm
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/04/12/112029.php
http://www.pizzamarketplace.com/article.php?id=2816

There's more if you'd like.
Add to the fact we are fired if they find out we have ANY sort of weapon kept in the car to defend ourselves.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 AM

The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, which categorizes pizza delivery drivers and taxicab drivers as "drivers-sales workers," ranked it the fifth most dangerous job category.[23]

This is for the DRIVERS Sales Workers ONLY not JOBS all together .......

Link number # 2 is from 2003 ! Cmon , this is 2008 !

Link # 3 also from 2005 ......... again this is 2008 !

Link # 4 from 2007 also you barely made it in the top 10 on the list youre number 9 !!

Link # 5 from 2006 , its just a blog about a bunch of People ... ??? No stats !

LInke # 6 way back in 2003 again ......

So nothing for 2008 , got anything for this year?
Sorry not going to go by something thats back from 2003 , 2005, and the only one from 2006 is a BLOG.

I still will not pay for youre Maintance , sorry. Noone pays for my Hubby's maintance when he has to take his Vehicle out of town to work.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:48 PM

7,188 posts, read 9,296,916 times
if you don't tip go to the store and buy it. Don't be lazy. Drivers don't work for free. Sorry but the minimum wage is not money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products