U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 AM

14,425 posts, read 21,260,052 times

Advertisements

Jasmin71-Are you for real??? You probably get bad pizzas because you don't tip. Did you ever think of that? Cause and effect. And if a DOLLAR is going to put you in financial ruin, then don't be ordering pizzas or eating out period!

Dominoes doesn't reimburse for gas. They reimburse for mileage. Which isn't the same thing.

FYI There are neighborhoods everywhere where pizza companies WILL NOT deliver their pizza due to the fact of robberies of drivers. It's all a set up: Someone calls a order in, driver arrives and gets ambushed. Not too long ago in a bad neighborhood here a pizza driver was killed for $19. KILLED!!!! Do you know what that word means????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM

161 posts, read 633,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, which categorizes pizza delivery drivers and taxicab drivers as "drivers-sales workers," ranked it the fifth most dangerous job category.[23]

This is for the DRIVERS Sales Workers ONLY not JOBS all together .......

Link number # 2 is from 2003 ! Cmon , this is 2008 !

Link # 3 also from 2005 ......... again this is 2008 !

Link # 4 from 2007 also you barely made it in the top 10 on the list youre number 9 !!

Link # 5 from 2006 , its just a blog about a bunch of People ... ??? No stats !

LInke # 6 way back in 2003 again ......

So nothing for 2008 , got anything for this year?
Sorry not going to go by something thats back from 2003 , 2005, and the only one from 2006 is a BLOG.

I still will not pay for youre Maintance , sorry. Noone pays for my Hubby's maintance when he has to take his Vehicle out of town to work.

You know what? Across the country right now robberies of delivery drivers are going up. One of my drivers at work just got robbed. If you think that disproving the credibility of my links makes this job any safer, you need to get real lady. Stop being a tightwad and show some respect.

And guess what? You're still paying my maintenance no matter what you tip I'm sure you're a dream to deal with; no wonder you get bad pizzas. Word of mouth gets around a restaurant, and you don't get much sympathy for being stingy.(from employees OR other customers.)

Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,947,239 times
I always tip the driver...don't want anything foreign showing up on the pizza next time!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 AM

859 posts, read 1,920,467 times
I am done here, I pay what I pay, I dont even have delievery out here only have it if we stay at hotels.

- I do tip well, thank you
- did not attack anyone here like you 2 did but thanks for the RESPECT , you know the one YOU demand
- you put up the LINKS that are that old not me ,,,

have a good one, remember FOLKS not everything has to be a NAME calling, getting UGLY event here, and we will never meet so really ,,carry on

Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 AM

161 posts, read 633,796 times
Name calling because I stated what I gathered from your posts was the truth? I'm sorry you cannot handle that, best you did exit the conversation then.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 AM

2,658 posts, read 10,571,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I live in Orlando and have been a delivery driver for a pizza place for a while......I have frustrations with alot of people that do not understand that tipping a pizza driver is considered the"right thing to do"....and it shows appreciation that you are greatfull of his services......
I ordered for delivery in DC all the time. Whether it was Chinese, Thai, Pizza, etc.

When it was the owner of the restaurant, I would tip a couple of dollars. If it were a driver it would be usually $3. If their car was 'beat up', I tipped more. If they had a more expensive car, I figured they were the owner or owner's son ($70 to $80k car - like a Lexus).

When I was a high school student I had the idea of becoming a Pizza Hut or Dominoes pizza delivery person for the summer. I had a 4 cylinder car and didn't think much of it but when I had calculated the amount of money including gas/wear and tear, it didn't make financial sense to me (1987).

Is there a convention of tipping that is acceptable? 10% ?

I would suggest a change in the pay structure to the management of your organization. Many companies offer delivery services for restaurants in the area. They charge a premium for that service and have an account on file for patrons who utilize it. There is a standard charge for ordering (which is likely administrative and overhead) in addition to charges if more than one restaurant is included in the order. I would surmise that the added charges include a base pay for the drivers who go from one restaurant to the next. Maybe your restaurant should just "add the tip" to their bill as a processing charge, rather than depending upon the generosity or lack thereof from its patrons.

From some cultures, tipping is not accepted. In others tipping is requested for ANYTHING (baksheesh).

Baksheesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On my honeymoon to Egypt, I got tired of that word. I would be asked for tips, based upon asking time of day, which direction to walk, or naming one item on the hieroglyphs. It had gotten ridiculous. A caucasian couple with blonde hair was asked for baksheesh by an armed guard who was explaining some of the hieroglyphs. They said how much? He said how much do you have in your wallet, with the machine gun hanging off of his shoulder. They emptied their wallet. I was shocked. When someone was wanted to tell me something, I just walked off and ignored them and went to the tour guide.

I have an ADD ON QUESTION:

When you come to a restaurant for take out, do you tip? Sometimes I feel bad if I don't since I am just picking the food up. I think I will make that a different post since I may never see the answer...

Old 12-16-2008, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,762 times
i work in hilliard,ohio we get paid 7 a hour plus tips but starting jan 1 09 they want to knock us down to 6.00 hr and the 1 we get for delivery is being taxed which makes no sense i ve ever heard of something like that bc if that was the case they would do that to the other pizza places

Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM

17,032 posts, read 27,238,235 times
Always tip the pizza guy a buck or two. It reduces the chance of something bad happening the next time you order.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:59 AM

10,238 posts, read 18,987,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Always tip the pizza guy a buck or two. It reduces the chance of something bad happening the next time you order.

Indeed, if someone stiffed me their next pizza would cheese, sausage and phlem.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 PM

10,238 posts, read 18,987,295 times
Whoops, 'snot spelled right, phlegm. Pun intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products