U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Seattle
7,164 posts, read 9,268,377 times
Reputation: 3995

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
We tip NOTHING.
are you proud of this? People who don't tip drivers don't deserve food delivered to their house. If people stop tipping pizza delivery will DIE and you will have to go to the restaurant to pick up your pizza. Nobody works for minimum wage especially when you ruin your car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Livingston, Montana
638 posts, read 1,736,318 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
are you proud of this? People who don't tip drivers don't deserve food delivered to their house

You better believe it.. .all you liberal huggers can tip people who don't feel the need to try to find something that pays even semi livable wages. My husband and I handle ourselves, our family and friends.

Personally I don't care about the pizza person who took a job knowing full well the wages were low. Go find a job as a CSR (thankless job w/NO tips and that is full on customer service) which is better pay and they are always hiring... go work for a fast food restaurant

but don't expect us to help pay your rent, or your car payment. We pay for the food we ordered and we pay the 2 dollars tacked on for delivery fee... nothing else.

and YUP honey.. I DO deserve to have it delivered... you see I paid the 2 dollar delivery fee they add to our pizzas. that is what they charge that is what we pay. No more, no less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Seattle
7,164 posts, read 9,268,377 times
Reputation: 3995
some pizza chains don't charge for delivery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Location: USA
9,718 posts, read 5,811,875 times
Reputation: 31710
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
You better believe it.. .all you liberal huggers can tip people who don't feel the need to try to find something that pays even semi livable wages. My husband and I handle ourselves, our family and friends.

Personally I don't care about the pizza person who took a job knowing full well the wages were low. Go find a job as a CSR (thankless job w/NO tips and that is full on customer service) which is better pay and they are always hiring... go work for a fast food restaurant

but don't expect us to help pay your rent, or your car payment. We pay for the food we ordered and we pay the 2 dollars tacked on for delivery fee... nothing else.

and YUP honey.. I DO deserve to have it delivered... you see I paid the 2 dollar delivery fee they add to our pizzas. that is what they charge that is what we pay. No more, no less.
Whoa, that's kind of harsh. Let's hope you never have to go through hard times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 05:05 PM
 
706 posts, read 1,354,166 times
Reputation: 310
I'm an awful, awful tipper. I don't tip maids in motels, for example, unless they do something... exceptional.

I pretty much never eat out on my own dime so the question of tipping waiters never comes up. I do tip food delivery drivers, since the price of the meal is the same if it's delivered or picked up, but it's a flat $2 tip regardless of the order price - it's not really more difficult to drive over a bag of sushi vs cheaper Chinese food, I don't see why the tip should vary. I tip more if the delivery time is better than average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Livingston, Montana
638 posts, read 1,736,318 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Whoa, that's kind of harsh. Let's hope you never have to go through hard times

We are .. husband was laid off and yet still wouldn't beg or expect others to help pay my rent. My husband wouldn't take a job that pays so little .. he gets more on UI.

And if he did have to take a job that pays so little we wouldn't be demanding tips. He would accept the job at the wage that was offered.

I'm just sick and flipping tired of everybody wanting extra money along w/their regular wages. Mcdonalds and Dairy Queen actually have "tip cups" at the Drivethru windows.. the drive through coffee kiosks.. everybody.

again... I don't get paid extra for doing the job I was hired to do. That's what I get a paycheck for and I certainly don't expect anyone outside of my family to help us financially should that time ever arise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Seattle
7,164 posts, read 9,268,377 times
Reputation: 3995
the delivery car costs money. Drivers use their OWN cars and they have to put gas, change oil, tires and a lot of expensive parts. They have to drive more than 60 miles every day, they have to drive very carefully all the time and they ruin their cars because of the customers. That's why they expect to get a tip.

Last edited by Botev1912; 12-27-2008 at 01:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
10,238 posts, read 18,982,929 times
Reputation: 10178
I can't believe some of these cheap, tight-as-bark, mean spirited buggers. I do take solace in the knowledge that they're most certainly getting some extra ingrediants on their pizzas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
 
9 posts, read 23,957 times
Reputation: 13
I always tip delivery drivers. When the gas prices went up so did my tips. Those people who don't tip need to put themselves in the shoes of the delivery workers of food or whatever it may be and ask themselves would they like to be tipped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 AM
 
Location: USA
9,718 posts, read 5,811,875 times
Reputation: 31710
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
We are .. husband was laid off and yet still wouldn't beg or expect others to help pay my rent. My husband wouldn't take a job that pays so little .. he gets more on UI.

And if he did have to take a job that pays so little we wouldn't be demanding tips. He would accept the job at the wage that was offered.

I'm just sick and flipping tired of everybody wanting extra money along w/their regular wages. Mcdonalds and Dairy Queen actually have "tip cups" at the Drivethru windows.. the drive through coffee kiosks.. everybody.

again... I don't get paid extra for doing the job I was hired to do. That's what I get a paycheck for and I certainly don't expect anyone outside of my family to help us financially should that time ever arise.
I'm sorry to hear your husband was laid off but if we needed extra money any "little" bit of extra money would help in my opinion.

I work and get a paycheck but I do get a bonus for doing a good job I think drive-thru's are different............your driving to them and not having it delivered to your front door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top