U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:39 PM

1,352 posts, read 5,836,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Not to jack the thread or anything, but for the pizza dudes, how much do you get paid in an average week, full time or part time, minus the cost of gas & repairs? I'm looking for another job and any info would be appreciated.

Well i get 1 dollar for each delivery.....and then the tip if any on top of that.....and i make $5.15 an hour

my store is open from 10am - 3 am and i usually close or work a late shift......well if you only work rush shift you will be there from about 5 pm until 10pm at night and i would say a busy night would make about 40-50 dollars plus the hourly wages of that day...

If you are working rush shift and its not busy then i would say an average would be to make about 20-25 dollars from milage and tips....plus the hourly $5.15

A late shift you probably come in at 5 or 6pm.....and leave at about 1am

If working a late shift and its busy i would say you make probably about $60 - $80 ....plus hourly $5.15

If working late and its not busy i would say you make about $40-$45

If you work closing shifts....u come in at anywhere from 5-7pm and the store closes at 3am but you end up staying usually until 4:30am and sometimes a lil earlier or later depending on how many orders there were right before the store closes...because you come back from those last orders and might get back to the store at about 3:30am or 3:40....and then have to get your money all together and clean the entire store......do all the dishes, clean the makeline which means you put all the food away in the walk in cooler and then wipe the make line down then you take all the bags of garbage out....then clean the oven racks.....then wipe down all the cut tables and dough tables.....then sweep the entire store....then bring clean pieces to the make-line back out to the make-line and put them back in thier place...then restock the coke coolers....then set up a mop bucket and mop the entire store ...then clean out the sinks in the back.....then you wait on the boss to finish his duties and then you get out of there around anytime from 3:45am until 5am in the morning....

But the closing shifts you usually makeabout $90-$110 on average when it is busy

but if it is slow then i would say about $70 - $80 dollars a night tips and milage plus hourly $5.15

Now i make about $300 every 2 weeks on my checks and work 45 - 50 hours a week......and the tips for every 2 weeks probably add up to $760 every 2 weeks for tips and milage....i usually work 3 closing shifts and 2 late shifts

Now the other night one of our drivers literally got no tip 10 times in a row.....most of the deliveries that night were going to some teenagers that were from all over the country in Orlando this week for a conference about emergency saftey programs and they were staying at the Marriot World Center in Lake Buena Vista.....alot of our buisness for this week was from those teenagers.......now the guy that got stiffed 10 times in a row was stiffed from a majority of those kids but also had some other hotels he went to and got no tip also......but the driver had about 19 or 20 deliveries on the night in which on average you would usually make about $85 - $100 for that kind of night....well this driver went out all those times and only made $35 in tips and milage for a 9 hour day of driving........which can get him a nice tank of gas for his work the next day and can maybe allow him to eat fresh at "Subway" for dinner with a whole $5 left to save up for his bills......lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM

sorry i added the milage into my data of our pay for each shift above ...so just think that you will fill your car up about once every 2 days and subtract from the above total

Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 AM

208 posts, read 599,527 times
Smile Excellent point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I always tip well, if there is a problem with the order (which is rare) I take it up with management, getting angry with a pizza delivery person is like the people that took out their frustrations with the clerk at a gas station when prices went up.
Excellent point,, for I was also thinking along the same line to post on this thread. Also, lets say one buys a curling iron, from ones 'fav' store. you get home it does not work, not the stores fault.

Yes, My son uses his care, he gets paid for his millage, do not know how much.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 AM

208 posts, read 599,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
THANK U FOR HAVING A HEART...SOME PEOPLE DON'T...IM SORRY MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON MY COMPUTER ....IM NOT YELLING...THANX THOUGH..DO UNTO OTHERS AS U WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU...I READ THAT SOMEWHERE...LOL
Your welcome, I know one should have a main career, but college students along with the young just pulling extra money for themselves I say tip. good for you, whether this is a stepping stone towards somthing else in your life, or what your choice is to do, god bless and safe delivery to all of us.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
If I have a $30 bill I usually tip $5-$6 the pizza guy. Is that good?
yeah...anything is appreciated and that is a good tip....."no" tip makes us feel as if we were punched in the stomach....each time it happens i feel degraded...i just get more and more used to it.....so thanx to those who give something.....

i have been to a few places where i could tell the person was really poor and just wanted to eat and they only gave me some coins and i do still appreciate that too.....

Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
For what it's worth, I just had pizza delivered to our home for the first time a few weeks ago from Domino's, and I gave the driver a $15 tip because he was "cute" (I'll admit that I've been a bit too lonely as of late!) LOL!

In the future, regardless of whether or not I get all googly-eyed over the driver, I'll still tip QUITE generously. I work with the public as well, and I know that while the good customers tend to outnumber the bad apples, those negative encounters you have can depress you and sour your mood for quite some time. I know your job isn't easy (especially when I hear about idiots ordering pizzas for delivery during heavy snowfalls), and I make it a point to see to it that you and your peers feel appreciated for what you do for us.

By the way, if you work for Domino's, tell them that I'll sell my soul to them to find out how they make their cheesy bread! Mmmmmm....

I Like your style of writing.........its been fun reading this reply........lol........thanx for your appreciation also

Old 06-28-2007, 07:49 AM

641 posts, read 2,180,114 times
Quote:
Well i get 1 dollar for each delivery.....and then the tip if any on top of that.....and i make $5.15 an hour

my store is open from 10am - 3 am and i usually close or work a late shift......well if you only work rush shift you will be there from about 5 pm until 10pm at night and i would say a busy night would make about 40-50 dollars plus the hourly wages of that day...

If you are working rush shift and its not busy then i would say an average would be to make about 20-25 dollars from milage and tips....plus the hourly $5.15

A late shift you probably come in at 5 or 6pm.....and leave at about 1am

If working a late shift and its busy i would say you make probably about $60 - $80 ....plus hourly $5.15

If working late and its not busy i would say you make about $40-$45

If you work closing shifts....u come in at anywhere from 5-7pm and the store closes at 3am but you end up staying usually until 4:30am and sometimes a lil earlier or later depending on how many orders there were right before the store closes...because you come back from those last orders and might get back to the store at about 3:30am or 3:40....and then have to get your money all together and clean the entire store......do all the dishes, clean the makeline which means you put all the food away in the walk in cooler and then wipe the make line down then you take all the bags of garbage out....then clean the oven racks.....then wipe down all the cut tables and dough tables.....then sweep the entire store....then bring clean pieces to the make-line back out to the make-line and put them back in thier place...then restock the coke coolers....then set up a mop bucket and mop the entire store ...then clean out the sinks in the back.....then you wait on the boss to finish his duties and then you get out of there around anytime from 3:45am until 5am in the morning....

But the closing shifts you usually makeabout $90-$110 on average when it is busy

but if it is slow then i would say about $70 - $80 dollars a night tips and milage plus hourly $5.15

Now i make about $300 every 2 weeks on my checks and work 45 - 50 hours a week......and the tips for every 2 weeks probably add up to $760 every 2 weeks for tips and milage....i usually work 3 closing shifts and 2 late shifts

Now the other night one of our drivers literally got no tip 10 times in a row.....most of the deliveries that night were going to some teenagers that were from all over the country in Orlando this week for a conference about emergency saftey programs and they were staying at the Marriot World Center in Lake Buena Vista.....alot of our buisness for this week was from those teenagers.......now the guy that got stiffed 10 times in a row was stiffed from a majority of those kids but also had some other hotels he went to and got no tip also......but the driver had about 19 or 20 deliveries on the night in which on average you would usually make about $85 - $100 for that kind of night....well this driver went out all those times and only made $35 in tips and milage for a 9 hour day of driving........which can get him a nice tank of gas for his work the next day and can maybe allow him to eat fresh at "Subway" for dinner with a whole $5 left to save up for his bills......lol....
Thanks for all the info! I may become a pizza delivery person part time for some extra cash.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:16 AM

30,587 posts, read 68,147,897 times
Quote:
I Like your style of writing
Thank you. That "style" would be boring, scrawny, pale white kid from the 'burbs-ian.

Quote:
.........its been fun reading this reply........lol........
I've never heard that one before. That will be a positive reputation boost for you! Usually I get into a heated debate with someone, and when they're stumped on how to outsmart me, they'll post a reply of "at least I don't take eight paragraphs to reply" (as if they won the argument with that phrase). LOL!

Quote:
thanx for your appreciation also
You're quite welcome. Continue to send both hot pizzas (and hot delivery drivers) to my home, and I'd greatly appreciate it!

Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM

3,258 posts, read 8,115,086 times
We ALWAYS tip, but honestly now a lot of places charge a delivery charge.
So, we don't tip as much as we used to. But I only buy the pizza anyway if it's a good deal. I won't pay $20 for a pizza.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 PM

3,632 posts, read 14,785,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
For what it's worth, I just had pizza delivered to our home for the first time a few weeks ago from Domino's, and I gave the driver a $15 tip because he was "cute" (I'll admit that I've been a bit too lonely as of late!) LOL!

In the future, regardless of whether or not I get all googly-eyed over the driver, I'll still tip QUITE generously. I work with the public as well, and I know that while the good customers tend to outnumber the bad apples, those negative encounters you have can depress you and sour your mood for quite some time. I know your job isn't easy (especially when I hear about idiots ordering pizzas for delivery during heavy snowfalls), and I make it a point to see to it that you and your peers feel appreciated for what you do for us.

By the way, if you work for Domino's, tell them that I'll sell my soul to them to find out how they make their cheesy bread! Mmmmmm....
has the cheesy bread changed in the last 6-7 years? I worked there back then and used to make it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products