U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 PM

11,571 posts, read 16,875,536 times

Advertisements

We went to a Mexican restaurant and when we , my husband, my son and I, got there they were super busy. We were seated right away. We ordered our food and almost every 5 minutes somebody, not just the waitress, came up and asked us if we were alright and if we needed more chips and salsa while we waited. We kept getting drinks before the glass were half full. Well, after 30 minutes our food finally came. 30 minutes which was nothing to us. We were already satisfied with the service even before our meals had arrived.
The food was delicious. It was from their family recipe or something.The best Mexican food I ever had, hands done. Once we were done eating and we go up to pay,we were approached by the waiter telling us no, you do not have to pay for this! When we asked why, she tells us because we waited so long for for our dinners.
We left her her a 15 dollar tip, the only cash we had. She looked at us like we were nuts.lol The whole meal were 28 dollars. So basically 50 percent.
I do not think i ever see that type of service anywhere else. I did not think it excited anymore.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 09-29-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 PM

3,852 posts, read 7,972,093 times
The best service I ever got was at a grocery store just last week. I was so happy I told everyone I know who shops there.

It all started when I bought 1 pound of raw, thawed shrimp at the deli. I took it home and by the time I decided to use it (2 days later) it was disgustingly rancid. I threw it away and went to the store to ask for a refund. The cashier called the manager over and she apologized profusely. They gave me my refund and asked me if I was going to be purchasing anything else there today. I said no, that I would probably buy the shrimp again at another rival store who had it on sale that week. She then offered to give me a free bag of shrimp instead of sending me to another store. So, not only did I get a refund for the orignal product, they also gave me a free 2 pound bag that was well over double what I had paid before.

I've been back to this store twice since. They made a customer for life

Old 09-29-2010, 05:32 PM

93 posts, read 314,259 times
I called Time Warner to see how much longer I had on my 'price lock guarantee.' I got the most helpful CSR, who looked at my account and asked me if I knew when my payment due date was. I said yes I did, but since I don't get paid until the 1st (I work for a government agency), I couldn't pay until them. She did everything she could to get my payment due date changed until the 2nd, so I wouldn't get late fees. Now, granted, she wasn't able to, but she worked so hard to fix it for me, I was impressed.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:14 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,457,819 times
I have a large boat that has 100 amp shorepower....this involves plugging in two huge electrical cords. The 50 amp plugs, on the end of the cord, that plug into the dock are about 75 bucks apiece. Anyway, I had too much stuff (washer/dryer, hot water heater, and the oven) turned on at once in the boat and melted one of the plugs. It was my fault, the shorepower was lacking at the marina and I didn't look at the gauges in the boat.

For the heck of it, I mailed the burned up one to the manufacturer (Hubbell Marine) and was sure they would say I overloaded it, which I did.

Instead, I received a package from them containing SIX brand new plugs....that's customer service! Hubbell has competitors in the marine power field, but I always buy their products...they stand behind them!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 PM

14,095 posts, read 22,835,392 times
Back in 1988 I was fired from Kmart for good customer service. Their words were "spending too much time helping the customers". I later found out it involved one customer who was handicap. It was in the automotive dept and he bought bungee cords. After ringing him up, he politely asked if I would help to strap his legs into his wheel chair to keep them from kicking when he has spasms. I said to the customers behind him, "excuse, me. this'll only take a moment". It took a little longer than I expected but once done I took care of the rest of the customers behind him. One of them complained and for that I was fired. I was happy when that particular Kmart shut it's doors forever. After getting fired from them, I applied to work for Target. They asked me if I thought I'd be a good team member for Target. Without a word, I handed them the letter I'd received from Kmart saying why I was fired. They hired me and I had received many compliments on my going out of my way to help customers (toy dept Christmas holidays) and was offered to receive training to a dept manager position. Had to turn it down because I'd just enlisted in the Navy.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:15 AM

23,489 posts, read 30,828,483 times
I wouldn't say anyone went "above and beyond" when I went shopping at LOFT and The Gap the other day but I did receive the kind of customer service that used to be the norm....being greeted, employees being polite, employees bringing me different sizes and giving advice on fit and size, etc. That used to be the norm, now it seems to be the exception.

I made sure to send e-mails to the corporate offices of both Ann Taylor (who owns LOFT) and The Gap to highlight my positive experiences and to compliment their staff. Since I didn't know any of the names of the associates I encountered, I gave them the date and time of my visits instead. Hopefully they can figure it out from there.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:03 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,069,655 times
Earthfare Organic food market. Asheville NC. Staff actually is educated on wine, cheeses, etc. Not an easy thing to find in a rural area.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 AM

11 posts, read 24,640 times
Hi,
We went to a Pizza Hut and when we , my friends, got there waiters were so busy. We were wait for 10 minutes and then we ordered our food and the ordered is placed within ten minutes .Almost every 5 minutes somebody, came up and asked us that you need something more.The food was delicious. After taking dinner we went to wine shop,we ordered for a wine and they serve wine within fifteen minutes.It was a great fun.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-04-2010 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: ad removed

Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 AM

23,489 posts, read 30,828,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I wouldn't say anyone went "above and beyond" when I went shopping at LOFT and The Gap the other day but I did receive the kind of customer service that used to be the norm....being greeted, employees being polite, employees bringing me different sizes and giving advice on fit and size, etc. That used to be the norm, now it seems to be the exception.

I made sure to send e-mails to the corporate offices of both Ann Taylor (who owns LOFT) and The Gap to highlight my positive experiences and to compliment their staff. Since I didn't know any of the names of the associates I encountered, I gave them the date and time of my visits instead. Hopefully they can figure it out from there.
To update this...I received responses from both LOFT and The Gap promising to forward my comments to regional and district managers as well as the store so hopefully the employees will at least know that I complimented them highly. And hopefully it will be counted in their reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products