Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:59 AM

415 posts, read 1,779,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
(I'm from NY) and my sister in law told me about the Black Friday incident (I think it was in 2008) that happened on Long Island.

Last year I went to my local Target at about 8AM on BF expecting to find it hard to park; but not only was hardly anyone in the parking lot, the store was not crowded at all.

however when i went back to the store a few hours later(about 3PM) because i was biking past it, it was a zoo. I should have picked up that portable DVD player they were selling for only $47 first thing that morning while they weren't crowded...
Ha, I can assure you you didn't miss anything with that dvd player. One star rating on target's own site!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:17 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I was wondering if Target participates in this...so I don't have to leave the house.

People getting crushed to death at Wal-suck for the (once in a lifetime?) opportunity to spend money was enough for me to kiss this tradition goodbye. It used to be amusing to watch from a distance when I didn't really need anything at the store... now it rivals food air-drops in third world countries...and I find myself embarrassed to partake in it.
I enjoy seeing the clips on the news and on YouTube later in the day of people getting in fistfights and getting trampled at these things and what not. What can I say - watching stupid people amuses me.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:24 PM

563 posts, read 518,769 times
A lot of areas in the bigger cities are sick sick people. These people should be ashamed of themselves trampling over someone to get a head start? Last year someone died in NY, all because some animal was afraid she was going to miss out. If there is a doorbuster you are interested in, you need to go early, even the night before. Most Best Buy's will be very methodical and organized. They will give tickets for the door busters. If you got a ticket, you have a little time to shop around the rest of the store. Just ask how much time.

For those that take their items to their car and come back into a store...REALLY? Are you really surprised that someone busted into your car? I have no pitty. Yes, people should be humane, but there are lots of animals out there who refuse to work for a living and prey on you, but lesson......keep everything with you. If you have the urge to go to your car, put them in the trunk, shut it, get in your car, drive home, the long way, take turns down small side streets to make sure you are not being followed, then go home. Is it a pain? Yes, but with these Animals, you have to be inconvenienced to not get robbed.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:31 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I just watched a You Tube video from a Target in North Buffalo NY that had a trampling incident. What a bunch of fat low class losers you saw on there. You have to figure that offering crap cheap is going to appeal to a lower element of consumer and you have to expect them to not know how to act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products