U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,662,670 times

Advertisements

This thread goes hand in hand with another thread I saw titled "By Only American Made Products." Well, let this thread be a thread listing the names of companies who make American made products. It's going to be tough to find 100% American made products but if its "mostly" American then that's good enough. You don't have to post a link of course but please do if you can. Feel free to post any type of business service too, even if it's not a "product".

For example, I'll start with Ford and Microsoft. If you buy a Nissan or Playstation then shame on you. To make this easier on people to see all the products, once I can conclude that a product or service is in fact American I will edit this original post and create a single list. I know this probably won't work out but let's see what happens.

1. Ford
2. Microsoft

I found this site after I made this thread. Pretty much wraps it up I guess:

http://www.americansworking.com/

Last edited by O-Ducky; 12-31-2010 at 06:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 08:01 PM

20,352 posts, read 18,327,865 times
Actually lots of Fords are made out of the US as are many of their parts. And microsoft has research facilities all over the world and many of its products are made overseas. So neither are truly 100% American.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,820,331 times
USA Made Clothing Jeans and Shirts by All American

Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 AM

4,042 posts, read 7,695,833 times
I finally found shoes made in the U.S. and they don't fit my feet! Back to the Chinese-made ones at Walmart.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I finally found shoes made in the U.S. and they don't fit my feet! Back to the Chinese-made ones at Walmart.
I would never buy walmart shoes. I get mine from Penny's or online. Name brand for my feet only.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:46 PM

4,042 posts, read 7,695,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would never buy walmart shoes. I get mine from Penny's or online. Name brand for my feet only.
I tried on name brand and my feet didn't like them. You have to get the shoes that fit. I do have Ariat paddock boots that fit, but my athletic shoes are Walmart. I like to buy American, but I can't in this case.

Where are your name-brand shoes made?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM

I just buy what I like, NB, nike, names like that and I never spend over $30 for them. Always on sale.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:47 PM

22,631 posts, read 12,607,789 times
Default Mattresses

Most mattresses, and that includes the foundation (or boxspring) are made in the US. Here in the east coast some of the companies are:

SEALY (Sealy Posturepedic) - Paterson, NJ

SIMMONS (Simmons BeautyRest) - Hazelton, PA

IBC (International Bedding Corp.) (makes beds under many names including Lady Americana and Airsprung) - Barnesville, PA

KINGSDOWN - Mebane, NC

TEMPURPEDIC - Colonial Heights, VA

Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 PM

15,210 posts, read 18,516,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
As far as casual shoes go, I've only worn Vasque for about the last seven years. The shoes are made in China, but at least it's an American company (Minnesota), and in those seven years, I've only bought two pair of them - and the older pair is still holding up. They're what I usually wear every day, actually. I've never had a pair of Nikes or New Balance that held up that well.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM

102 posts, read 173,794 times
About United States Playing Card Company
[SIZE=1]The United States Playing Card Company is the leader in the production and distribution of premier brands of playing cards, including BEE®, BICYCLE®, AVIATOR®, HOYLE®, KEM® and CONGRESS® playing cards. BICYCLE® has been the best selling playing card brand in the world for more than 100 years. Founded in 1867, the company manufactures, markets and distributes playing cards, children's card games, collectible tins, puzzles and card accessories. BEE®, BICYCLE®, AVIATOR®, HOYLE®, KEM®, CONGRESS®, and all associated marks and designs are trademarks of The United States Playing Card Company. For more information, visit [/SIZE]http://www.usplayingcard.com[SIZE=1]. USPC is a subsidiary of consumer products giant Jarden Corporation (NYSE:JAH).[/SIZE]

About Jarden Corporation
[SIZE=1]Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of niche consumer products. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia(R), Berkley(R), Campingaz(R) and Coleman(R), Fenwick(R), Gulp!(R), JT(R), K2(R), Marker(R), Marmot(R), Mitchell(R), Penn(R), Rawlings(R), Shakespeare(R), Stearns(R), Stren(R), Trilene(R), and Volkl(R); Consumer Solutions: Bionaire(R), Crock-Pot(R), FoodSaver(R), Health o meter(R), Holmes(R), Mr. Coffee(R), Oster(R), Patton(R), Rival(R), Seal-a-Meal(R), Sunbeam(R), VillaWare(R) and White Mountain(R); and Branded Consumables: Ball(R), Bee(R), Bicycle® (R), Crawford(R), Diamond(R), Dicon(R), First Alert(R), Forster(R), Hoyle(R), Kerr(R), Lehigh(R), Leslie-Locke(R), Loew-Cornell(R) and Pine Mountain(R). Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden has over 25,000 employees worldwide. For more information, please visit [/SIZE]www.jarden.com

Does this count? I saw an article in a magazine that said the playing card company was American Made !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products