U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM

12,120 posts, read 28,974,424 times

Advertisements

I had a 7 year old Verizon Kyocera 2325 cellphone which i replaced with a new Verizon Samsung Accolade phone.

I have mega accessories leftover from the old phone that i'd like to give away and would like to ask for something modest for them and post a sign in the elevator of my bldg, but I'm afraid since the phone is so old, so are the accessories. here is what I have:

the phone is considered a "medium sized" phone so all cases are considered "medium"

3 phone case covers 2 bought on the street, 1 from batteries4less.com

2 deluxe phone holsters, one never opened

2 more holsters with high buckles that can go around luggage, briefcase etc

original charger and travel charger

2 car chargers

li ion battery unopened

or are these all extinct?

i could sell them to amazon but that could be a hassle and there may be no interest either

any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 PM

2,787 posts, read 5,400,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I had a 7 year old Verizon Kyocera 2325 cellphone which i replaced with a new Verizon Samsung Accolade phone.

I have mega accessories leftover from the old phone that i'd like to give away and would like to ask for something modest for them and post a sign in the elevator of my bldg, but I'm afraid since the phone is so old, so are the accessories. here is what I have:

the phone is considered a "medium sized" phone so all cases are considered "medium"

3 phone case covers 2 bought on the street, 1 from batteries4less.com

2 deluxe phone holsters, one never opened

2 more holsters with high buckles that can go around luggage, briefcase etc

original charger and travel charger

2 car chargers

li ion battery unopened

or are these all extinct?

i could sell them to amazon but that could be a hassle and there may be no interest either

any ideas?
I hate to bust your bubble, but you would probably better off donating your items. The time and expense associated with Amazon would not be worth it.

In reality for that brand of phone, the products associated with it lose their value within a few months. While this may be the case, someone, somewhere could use them.

There are several programs available where you could donate your used phones/accessories to our troops overseas. I did so myself and the satisfaction that I got knowing I helped a soldier outweighed any money I would have made from selling my items on Ebay or somewhere else.

Just a suggestion. Good luck

Old 03-03-2011, 05:15 PM

12,120 posts, read 28,974,424 times
Default thanks for the reply

Gil. I'd hate to part with the li ion battery tho...

Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 PM

40,083 posts, read 48,999,814 times
Donate them and take a tax deduction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products