U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:58 PM

4,282 posts, read 6,407,906 times
Gotta love Monkey Butt Powder after a long day in the saddle ahhhhhh

Me, myself and I ... it's my Levi jeans. They hug my rear and make it look smaller Can't have cheekies hanging on either side of the saddle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 08:55 PM

6,351 posts, read 12,511,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
I love Rain-x on my windows (and NOT ONLY on my car windows!!! )...keeps the dirt off, and the water just "pearls" down.

I love Warsteiner beer....reminds me of back home, Germany.
I love Amos chocolate chip cookies....for obious reasons! lol
I love Mary Kay products....no animal testing, ph balanced, and awesome looking, long lasting.
I love OPI nail polish.....great color viariety and long lasting
I love italian perfums and colognes....the are so pleasing to my nose.
I love Gevalia coffee (hazlenut)....awesome flavors, excisit taste.
I love Italian and German foods......again, obious reasons.
I love Nutella (Hazlenut/ shocolate spread on a fresh baked crusty french bread.......(drool....drool....droolllll )
I love ...my DH..
Movingback, I miss Spaghetti ice cream and all those GREAT alcohol-filled European candies! Boy, would I like a handful of Mon Cherie right now!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM

5,363 posts, read 8,241,643 times
I'll second ear plugs

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/21sykGfHotL.jpg (broken link)

In this day and age where everyone and everything is loud and in your face, there are times that I choose to hear ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I find these are unparalleled for afternoon naps. My house is fairly close to the road, not a busy road, but located on a steep hill where any car must accelerate to the max just to get up the dang thing. And of course, I'd be a light sleeper.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 PM

19,333 posts, read 15,829,596 times
Too many things to list in here but will name a couple. Baby powder, for one. For many reasons. I like the silky smooth way it feels after a shower. But I crawl around in attics and have to stick my arms inside walls a lot so keep it in my tool bag as well, it helps block the pores so insulation cant get into them. Otherwise you have a problem with itching from insulation and your skin gets irritated.
Ah, the joyous life of electricians, lol.

I also like, believe it or not, the good ol' fashioned, Ivory soap. My mom used to use it on us kids and to this day I still use it. Gentle enough for a baby, as the commercials used to say.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:43 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 6,532,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Movingback, I miss Spaghetti ice cream and all those GREAT alcohol-filled European candies! Boy, would I like a handful of Mon Cherie right now!
I second that.....(drool, drool....drool )
Did you ever try the "Chocolate beans filled with Asbach"?
How about the ice cream parlors over in Germany adding liquor/ schnaps to the ice cream bowls?? (Adults only!)

Last edited by MB2; 08-05-2007 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: add

Old 08-05-2007, 07:32 AM

13,040 posts, read 14,209,812 times
Steel soap. A nicely shaped piece of stainless steel which takes away any odours on your hands such as garlic , onions, fish etc.. without the need for chemicals. I don't quite know how it works and was very sceptical when I first got it but it does work beautifully. You can even get a "deodorant stick" shaped one ! Great invention.

Stainless Steel Soap

Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 AM

17,713 posts, read 20,466,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I have a K Cup coffee maker. I love this thing! It makes one cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate at a time. No scooping or measuring, and the grinds are all contained in each individual cup. Perfect for this household where we have one tea drinker, one decaf coffee drinker, and 2 regular coffee fiends who do not like the same type of blend.

Here is a link if anybody is interested. Keurig one cup coffee makers brew gourmet coffee & tea

I shop around to get better prices on the coffee itself.
evey
we also have this coffee maker and love it!! I don't drink coffee but I use it when I need boiling water.
Hubby orders the coffee online

you can get them at bed bath & beyond or Linen & things and use the 20 % off coupon

karla

Old 08-05-2007, 12:37 PM

2,835 posts, read 6,991,019 times
Steel soap, I've always wondered if those things work! Good to know...

Thanks for the link on the monkey butt powder, my hubbie is a truck driver..I bought him something that made him pour his ice water down his pants while driving...Ill have to try that one!

OPI...I find that the one with the diamond dust last much longer than the regular. I use 2 coats, don't bother with a top coat, sometimes add a third coat.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,345,608 times

without this lil puppy I have no internet therefore no place to wastefully putz away the time when I really should be doing something constructive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
....<snip>...
I really love my new Reach toothbrush that is called "Tooth & Gum". It is shaped to clean your teeth and gums at the same time, very thoroughly and effectively in a soft, nonabrasive manner. It has a rubber and bristle combination to give a massage-like effect to your mouth .....<snip>....
niiiicccceeee pearlies there HDL

Old 08-05-2007, 06:30 PM

1,923 posts, read 6,082,339 times
I have a few to add....

1) Any product by Simple Green.
The cleaning solutions are by far the
best I've ever used. And I save $$$ too!

Simple Green - All purpose household cleaning products that are non-toxic, biodegradable and environmentally safer.

2) Ice Cubies..."fake" ice-cubes. ...I'm not kidding.....they last longer than regular cubes, they look fancy in drinks, they can be used over and over-just rinse, dry and refreeze!...they don't stick together like regular cubes...they only thing you can't do is suck on em'...lol...good idea for camping trips too...it's great because they don't melt!.
*Walmart sells them in the Sporting Goods department.*

3) Philips Energy Saver light bulbs. I have them throughout my entire house inside and out. And they do just as they advertise...save you $$$ compared to using an incandescent bulb.
I'm all about the dollar..

4) Food Item: Celestial Seasonings-Red Zinger Herb Tea...tastes great iced!...with my cubies, of course!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products