U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,762,636 times

Advertisements

My hot air popcorn maker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 11:38 PM

420 posts, read 1,162,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
I'll second ear plugs

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/21sykGfHotL.jpg (broken link)

In this day and age where everyone and everything is loud and in your face, there are times that I choose to hear ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I find these are unparalleled for afternoon naps. My house is fairly close to the road, not a busy road, but located on a steep hill where any car must accelerate to the max just to get up the dang thing. And of course, I'd be a light sleeper.

Them there earplugs are what we call "gorilla nipples" where I work

Old 08-28-2007, 11:43 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,994,309 times
I like my Speedo sandals. When I'm too lazy to put on shoes for my walks, i though on those and head out. Might not work for me in the winter time. Guess I'll find out though.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:46 PM

420 posts, read 1,162,650 times
Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Tub/Shower Cleaner.

It really, really does work. I cleaned my fiberglass shower and glass doors until they shown and then installed the automatic cleaning unit. After every shower I push the button, close the glass doors, and let it spray down the shower. I have not lifted a finger to clean the shower for 3 months and everything is still squeaky clean, HONEST. This is a gotta have.

I will also cast my vote in for Magic Eraser and Tide Pen.

Oh yeah, and my Arbonne skin care products--no mineral oil to clog the pores.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:46 AM

5,031 posts, read 14,667,340 times
Disposable contacts

Dual tuner DVR – HUGE time saver!

Proclaim Hair Glossing Polish

Salsa Verde Doritos (green bag)

Pier 1’s Citrus Cilantro reed diffuser

Old 09-01-2007, 12:42 AM

73 posts, read 305,095 times
1. Starbucks - Grande Non-fat, No foam, Sugar Free Vanilla, Latte (because I'm an addict, and because it makes me laugh everytime I order it... then cry because I actually pay $4.00 for espresso drinks).

2. Tide - Stick stain remover. (It really works and is always handy for those random dribbles from soy sauce, coffee, etc.)

3. Bath & Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Anti-bacterial hand soap. (smells really yummy)

4. Cetaphil - face cleanser. (Non-drying and dermatologist recommended)

5. Anything from Trader Joe's

6. Netflix -- because I never have to worry about a late fee.

7. AIRBORNE - fizzy tabs for pre-flight, and before a cold comes on. The perfect product for a germo-phobe, hypochondriac... not that I am one... okay...maybe just a little.

8. Swiffers -- because we have cats and a dog and wood floors.

9. Scent Sticks reed diffusers from Pier One - especially Biscotti scent. Great gifts and great for any room. (Just noticed that Eggalegga had these in the list above)

10. Sirius radio (My husband would say because of Howard Stern, and I'm saying because of the range of options of all kinds of music any time of day and whatever my mood).

11. Frizz Eaze - hair serum

I'm sure there's more... I'm forgetting...

Old 09-02-2007, 02:54 AM

3,774 posts, read 10,137,211 times
Island treat sorbets from Costco.

Bifocal safety glasses - not that I need them, ahem.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:42 AM

13,789 posts, read 7,378,572 times
Some of my faves...

Disposable contacts - after awhile, I can throw them out if they start to irritate
Dual tuner DVR - no more VCR's and juggling tapes
Netflix - no more late charges and I can return the DVD's on my schedule
Magic Eraser - great for the refrig/freezer handles that get dirty over time
Fabuloso - the lavender (purple) cleaner is terrific and smells so good
Kashi cereals - healthy and good tasting
Healthy Choice chocolate ice cream bars - low fat, low calorie, low carb, low sugar and actually taste like the real thing!
Dove moisturizing soap - doesn't dry out the skin
Cetaphil face cleanser - again, doesn't dry out your skin
Swiffers - good for wood floors
Splenda sweetener - great in coffee and in baking
Rain-X - water/rain rolls off the car windows
Cottonelle/Charmin disposable wipes - terrific after using 2-ply TP!!!!
Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke with Lime - great on its own or with Rum!
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo - inexpensive and washes out all the hair product that can build up
Purex - hand sanitizer
Eclipse Gum - instant fresh breath and so strong it opens up your sinuses!
Crest Pro-Health toothpaste (second would be AquaFresh Extreme Clean mentioned by HDL earlier)
Aussie "Calm That Frizz" Styling Cream - great for short hair
Lab Series Maximum Comfort Shave Cream - "Contains Benzocaine to condition and comfort, and aloe and caffeine to reduce irritation"
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer - also has an SPF 15 included
Arm & Hammer Ultra Max Antiperspirant and Deodorant - clear gel that works well
Lactaid lactose intolerant pills - I can eat dairy again!!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:51 AM

3,774 posts, read 10,137,211 times
I love Trader Joe's, but they don't sell via internet and don't exist in Alaska outside of a few items in a grocery store in Homer (5-6 hours from Anchorage)

Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 AM

3,402 posts, read 12,342,794 times
I have to add something to my previous list...

Melaluca Gel.

I've never heard of it before, but my mom buy's all MElaluca products, and.... I apparently donated quite a bit of blood to a poor starving family of mosquitos living IN MY ROOM last night... I woke up with my feet bitten so bad, I stopped counting at 20. And the bottoms of the feet too, lil buggars ..but this gel totally stopped the itching! it burned at first and felt soooo gooood then it just stopped. haha mister mosquito family you can't hurt me now, go suck on someone else's feet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products