Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:40 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

Eight pages about this?

Edit: Make that nine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
^^ Only 3 pages if you set your preferences from the default setting.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM

115 posts, read 174,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP11 View Post
At a grocery checkout earlier today, I moved my stuff out of my shopping baskets (I had two) and put the shopping baskets on the floor next to the counter. The clerk said in a loud and really angry-sounding voice "could I have that basket?" I handed them to her and she did not say thank you but instead kept grumpily entering stuff in her machine. There was this awkward silence.

What's a good way to handle this kind of minor but still really annoying rude behavior when it's happening? I don't feel like ignoring such surliness and I'd like to call it out.
This happened to me twice yesterday afternoon, after I got out of work, except much worse. I couldn't buy two items at the store and the odd employee that had been staring me down since I walked in lied and said that they were waiting for new machines to come in. The cashier was obviously stupid and couldn't operate the machinery. And then a similar incident at a gym, which I will never go to again. They even had the nerve to call me that evening because they hadn't recorded that I had stopped by. Then some AT&T b*tch said all of my modems and routers were broken before I even tried them. She told me to pay for $100-an-hour at-home services. I refused and configured my home set-up in 1 minute. These customer svc idiots try to play me for a fool.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
What is the big deal here? This is certainly nothing to give a third thought to. You are looking to be offended.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
***** slap her.
But first, tell her how she looks like a punch in the mouth, and then slap her! It's always best to be polite and give fair warning...

Old 06-19-2019, 02:27 PM

10 posts, read 18,339 times
I'm surprised nobody brought this up -- if the clerk is rude to one person the clerk is likely to pull the same [stuff] on another customer and there are enough customers who will complain that management will know about it. If the store typically has good customer service, it will be addressed and in obviously abusive instances, one is unlikely to see the rude clerk again.

I recall one time at a WF, asking for a kiosk item without the sauce. Since I was customer scum, the server dumped as much of the sauce as possible on the item, and followed up by "nice daying" me. No need to complain, since the manager probably got the equivalent of all 9 pages of this thread in one day, and either the server got a job as a hedge fund manager or (more likely) at a store that addresses those issues their own way.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:30 PM

323 posts, read 199,454 times
The reason why she probably gave the OP an attitude is because she was probably tired of lazy shoppers who leave their baskets laying around instead of putting them back where they originally got them from. Common decency and courtesy goes a long way. If more people did the right thing and did basic esteemable things they wouldn't end up catching an attitude. What if those baskets on the floor tripped an elderly person or child and injured them? Next time just put them back where they belong. The cashier was willing to do that for you and yet you still complain. SSS=Special Snowflake Shoppers, lol.

Last edited by dk1111; 06-25-2019 at 06:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products