Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,161 times

Advertisements

The red thing that is suppose to spin wont work. I cleaned it out but no luck any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,126 times
Tay3598
You aré the best!!
Thank you.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,979 times
The same thing was happening with my Bissell upright. I tried everything...removed hair from brushes, emptied water, reset the tank on machine. I finally discovered that in the tank assembly there is a red filter. It was clogged. Scrape away the gunk on this filter and try again. It worked for me.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:21 AM

2 posts, read 13,326 times
I have the same problem as above - dirty water is no longer being sucked up although it has done 2 bedrooms perfectly. I have borrowed a friend's Aromapro Bissell. I looked at all the suggestions above, CM Rubin seemed tor knows where the red screen is please?o know what to do but I can't find a little red screen, maybe it was a different model? Has anyone else another suggestion or knows where the red screen is please?

Old 06-01-2014, 05:22 AM

2 posts, read 13,326 times
Default Lorraine Hellen

I can write English!!!! I was in a hurry, apologies.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay3598 View Post
I had this problem as well and I took off the front parts and cleaned them out and it still would not work. I fiddled with the dials and no luck. I went to empty the little water it did pick up and noticed the red little trap door that covers the screen when it can't pick up any more water. I took the screen off and noticed that it was clogged with hair and dust. I cleaned off the screen and put it back. BIG DIFFERENCE! I could feel the suction and it made the machine feel heavier. Make sure to check this out if you are having this problem. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Worked for me as well. My friend was going to throw it away since no one could figure out why it was not working. Now it's working at full speed. Thanks a lot. I just signed up to post this.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:57 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,508,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
Just got this from Costco yesterday...it is the Bissel Proheat2x. Cleaned the bedroom and got it all ready to start on the carpet. Put it together myself, followed every bit of instruction. Got it going and started at it. Then I discovered that it was not sucking up any of the dirty water. The soap dispenser was working the bladder water was being sprayed out, but no suction. I called Bissel and got someone in India. She walked be thru, but no luck or should I say no suck.. I am going to take it back to Costco, but right now I have a fan trying to dry out the carpet, and I have to go thru this process with either a replacement or call a professional.

Anyone have this problem with a brand new machine??
Do you have a wet;' dry shop vac? That should do the job of getting up that water for now. If not then I'd already have gone to get a exchange.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,381 times
I have a brand new Bissell that never has work,very angry.Have done it to make it work,no luck.I bought because it supossively suck up the water.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,391,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautify View Post
I have a brand new Bissell that never has work,very angry.Have done it to make it work,no luck.I bought because it supossively suck up the water.
Take it back. Get your money back. Complain to the manufacturer.

When you buy something, the product should do what it is intended to do. Too many people take abuse from business. Insist that you be treated with dignity and respect.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 6,162 times
Thanks to this forum, I've not had to spend hours on the phone to a customer service centre in India, or take the machine in for any form of repair. I found the red trap door, removed the fluff, rinsed it clean and the machine is back to full working order within under a minute.

Happy days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products