Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

You all are going about this all wrong!

They want to assume I'm a thief, (no, no!! we're just ensuring that you didn't get overcharged...yah, that's what we mean...), they want to check my receipt? Guess what, a quick glance and a swipe across it with a yellow highlighter isn't going to work with me.

Oh no. You want to check my receipt, you are GOING to check my receipt. That means, I am going to put my bags down and you are going to audibly tick off every item on that receipt while I pull it out of the bag to show you that I have it. And when we are done, I should have empty bags, right? But you're going to WORK for it.

Now I will either hold up a line and make these people look like fools in front of everyone else or everyone else will get to waltz right on out that door, AS THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO, without getting their receipt checked.

It only takes about once or twice of doing this before that store never bothers me again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Try and let us know...

Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Why this is laughable is some have no idea really what is happening at the door. Have any of you ever asked what is really happening? I have. What i was told is it's a customer/store check. They pick 2 items on the receipt and look to make sure you the customer have that item because you paid for it. They also pick an item in the cart and make sure its on the receipt. I can bet you a million dollars that had the OP stopped at the door, shown the recipt and the person said that you paid for a pack of 24 one pound tubes of Vagisil but it's not in the cart, they would have been spouting off about the wonderful and oh so necessary practice of receipt checks! It would have been the greatest thing in the world....... me think most people are upset because they don;t want the line to slow enough for others to what crap they bought.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:32 PM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

They want to assume I'm a thief, (no, no!! we're just ensuring that you didn't get overcharged...yah, that's what we mean...), they want to check my receipt? Guess what, a quick glance and a swipe across it with a yellow highlighter isn't going to work with me.

Oh no. You want to check my receipt, you are GOING to check my receipt. That means, I am going to put my bags down and you are going to audibly tick off every item on that receipt while I pull it out of the bag to show you that I have it. And when we are done, I should have empty bags, right? But you're going to WORK for it.

Now I will either hold up a line and make these people look like fools in front of everyone else or everyone else will get to waltz right on out that door, AS THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO, without getting their receipt checked.

It only takes about once or twice of doing this before that store never bothers me again.
I like that idea. Have a cart full to overflowing with stuff, then when the checker tries to wave you past, say "NO! I demand to have every item checked! How do I know the cashier rung up everything properly? I'll call off the item on the receipt, you find it and put it in another cart, and I'll check it off and let you check it off too. If something looks like it was overpriced or not at the advertised sale price, we are going to need someone to go back into the store and verify prices as well." MANY stores have pricing in the registers that doesn't match the price on the shelf or the advertised sale price. It could be a fun afternoon for all concerned.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:28 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Yep. it's a great idea. Take the customer into the Security Area, call the police and very, very slowly remove all the items from the cart/basket.

Then for every item, request a price check and verify it against the receipt. Then verify it against the cash register total. This could take some time.

When all is verified, put the yellow stripe on the receipt, let the customer re-bag his purchases and tell him to "have a nice day".

Oh, and then revoke his card.

Shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hrs. to do this.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Don't like ;do shop at the stores that do this. Simple

Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I don't mind showing a receipt at Costco (there are no shopping bags , after all and it would be easy to just walk out with something probably), but I will NOT shop in the Long Island K-Mart that has this policy. I find it very insulting.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-21-2011, 05:59 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I agree with those who ask why you shop there when you dont wish to abide by the membership rules. I wouldnt shop somewhere where I was so offended by the store policy, especially when I'd agreed to abide by it in writing. Life is too short to allow oneself to be so irritated when one has the power to go elsewhere.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree with those who ask why you shop there when you dont wish to abide by the membership rules. I wouldnt shop somewhere where I was so offended by the store policy, especially when I'd agreed to abide by it in writing. Life is too short to allow oneself to be so irritated when one has the power to go elsewhere.
I was buying something for my parents there. It is THEIR membership. I would NEVER buy a membership from a company that treats its customers like a bunch of crooks.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:21 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Cute. He's using THIER membership to buy something for them. I wonder if his parents think they are crooks when they shop there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products