U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Walmart or Target??
Walmart 10 11.90%
Target 59 70.24%
Both are great 10 11.90%
Neither. They both suck. 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,239,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I despise shopping. 'Atmosphere' isn't a consideration. I just want to enter a store, find what I need, pay, leave.
Same here. And i dont care who else is shopping there, they dont follow me around or hang out with me.

I chose "both" becuz three Walmarts are close to me. They are clean, big, full of products, and cheap. I can go online first when i know what i want, and check and see if they have it in stock. The Target is far away, tho i've been there when i happened to be out already. It was fine also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 PM

8,539 posts, read 11,869,117 times
What I don't understand is the "shopping experience" people are talking about at Target. I honestly don't see a difference. Maybe it's because I have a life outside of shopping, but that doesn't seem like something that should matter. I would not want to pay more for that if that's what Target lovers are saying.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 PM

2,690 posts, read 3,781,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What I don't understand is the "shopping experience" people are talking about at Target. I honestly don't see a difference. Maybe it's because I have a life outside of shopping, but that doesn't seem like something that should matter. I would not want to pay more for that if that's what Target lovers are saying.
It's kind of hard to describe but I feel like I'm in a department store. It's quiet and everyone is doing their own thing and not annoying the people around them. Kohl's, Macy's JC Penney, Dillard's any little shop/store in the main mall section. Target feels like that.

Shopping in Walmart is like I don't know. But it's loud. The people are loud. In Target if someone is shopping and talking on the cell they respect those around them and use an inside voice. In Walmart it's like they have a megaphone on their trap and they want THE WHOLE STORE TO HEAR WHAT'S GOING ON

It's like there's a muffled/roaring/loud murmuring sound overhead and all around you.

Target when you walk in reminds me of the cheesy mini-marts in movies when you open the doors, it bings and you just hear muzak overhead but everyone's quiet. It just feels peaceful.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Plus, I like my Icee and Target popcorn. McDonald's is

Target has nicer stuff too. Target actually has some cute clothes. Walmart's clothes are cheap and look cheap and the material is cheap.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 PM

296 posts, read 532,168 times
i always thought Target was quieter because there are so few people in there. At least thats the case in the one near me.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:37 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Target also always gets a lot of "exclusives" - deals that only they get to carry, like a special flavor of my favorite water, LaCroix, and other such items.

I guess we all prefer one or another of these stores based on how/why we shop, but it's clear most of us really do prefer one over the other. And it is probably regional as to how nice either of these particular stores are. As I said, the Super Target in my area is newish, and in a great part of town and is really wonderful, the Super Walmarts not so much. And Target just carries the items I like where Walmart does not. So for me, it's a no-brainer.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 PM

4,120 posts, read 4,540,526 times
Target all day!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:36 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,145,602 times
It's really sad that those are the choices

Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM

9,852 posts, read 5,775,051 times
I was at the local Target over the past weekend and there were more than 10 people in line with only one cashier working and altho there were others around, no one bothered to open up another register.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,003,689 times
Plus, I like my Icee and Target popcorn.

I thought I was the only one who heads directly for the "popcorn special" (diet coke & popcorn) and walks around the store . It's better than a lot of movies.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-24-2011, 09:25 PM

2,690 posts, read 3,781,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Plus, I like my Icee and Target popcorn.

I thought I was the only one who heads directly for the "popcorn special" (diet coke & popcorn) and walks around the store . It's better than a lot of movies.
Nope. Target's popcorn is the best.

One of my Target's has a Starbucks but I bypass that and head for the original. Cherry Icee and Popcorn number 1. I miss the White Cherry Icee's of the 90s.

I went in another a few weeks ago and the food area was jacked up. No cups, no popcorn made, no napkins, 9 people waiting and not ONE of use left to go shopping. We waited and made them get to moving and got our popcorn and icee's...THEN we shopped.

You can't shop in Target without an Icee in your hand and popcorn propped up in the basket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products