U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM

25,691 posts, read 24,531,561 times

Advertisements

This would be for my son:

Last edited by country pride; 05-02-2008 at 11:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 12:32 AM

3,040 posts, read 10,538,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Probably head to the Honda Motorcross bike shop and grab a Brand new Honda XR 400 Enduro as i just love to cruise the dirt canyon trails in the mountains here in New Mexico. That would save me about 4 to 5 thousand dollars for a new one.....

I would love to have one, too, but I don't think there have been any produced since the 2004 model year. If they still make 'em, I might have to go and get one.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:58 PM

15,566 posts, read 36,938,586 times
As a dancer, I'd head for the shoes and stock up! I go through these things like you wouldn't believe and they are all expensive! I'd head for the Supadance aisle!

Now, my other thing is cars. I'd rush into the Summit and head for the Mopar department!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:15 PM

419 posts, read 2,072,095 times
Easy...Bentley of Long Island.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:46 PM

25,463 posts, read 12,332,220 times
You did say 'anywhere' didn't you? In that case, how about Fort Knox. could do a lot in 3 minutes.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:12 AM

658 posts, read 2,237,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Whether youre a musician, a car buff, a tradesman, 4-WD fan, whatever, if the opportunity came around and you could shop where ever according to your liking, for, say, 3 minutes, what would you head for?
Example. A car buff might do well on a 3-minute shopping spree in Auto Zone. A home project guy could pick up a lot at Lowes in 3 minutes. And of course, a musician could clean out the Guitar Center.
My place would be, go figure, the Guitar Center. And I would head for the keyboards and sound systems sections. Ive always wanted a cordless mic, a Roland Ax-1, my own sound processor, my own monitors (the ones I have here arent mine and we have 2 other sets at the studio), a couple of Takamine acoustic guitars, Id grab a couple more Alesis synths, hey, I KNOW I could clean up GC in 3 minutes with no problem!!
i would pick a bank ...go into the safe and take all the money

Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 PM

578 posts, read 2,359,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
On a humorous note, I'll give anyone 3 minutes to get my piece of junk Panasonic DLP 52" HD-TV out of my living room and out of my house!

The stupid thing has given me a lot of trouble for the past 3 years. The cooling fan is now making an annoying noise, so that's probably a sign that something is about to go out in it, and if it does, I'll be going to Fry's Electronics for a Mitsubishi or Sony HD TV, either Plasma or LCD. Forget the DLP platform!

I also have a 27" Magnavox regular CRT TV, which I bought 13 years ago and I never had any trouble with it. Not bad for something I paid $450 for back then. The Panasonic is about 2 months short of being 4 years old, and I've already spent half of what I originally paid for it in replacement digital lamps!
I hear ya' on the troubles with your "HD-TV".... I've heard similar from my tv repairman. Recently had to come and so a minor repair (first ever) on an 18 yr. old Projection tv. Never had the color guns replaced, still gives out a good picture. Fine for me! Of course its a RCA. The other good tv I had was an 18yr old Zenith floor model with the walnut cabinet, got it at a scratch/dent sale off the floor of the appliance store. NEVER had any repair calls to it. Finally left it in the basement of our old house when we moved. It was starting to get fuzzy/smudgy picture. All these new-fangled plasma this, tiny that...they have more new troubles than you can shake a stick at.

For 3 minutes of shopping? Easy, the NCU Credit Union two blocks away. I'd take a wagon to pull behind my scooter, and I'd shop in the vault.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 AM

29,038 posts, read 45,623,824 times
I'll ditto the response of Best Buy! As much as they annoy me sometimes, I could have a REALLY fun time shopping there for 3 minutes... only problem is that I couldn't cover the whole store, but I'd definitely hit the computers and digital cameras. Some other good places would be Target, Petco (my critters are expensive!), Barnes & Noble, and Macy's.

P.S. I'm moving this to the new Shopping forum, if you don't mind.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:11 AM

29,038 posts, read 45,623,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetWarrior View Post
Easy...Bentley of Long Island.
LOL... I didn't even think of cars! In that case, I'll hit up the Lamborghini/Lotus/Bentley dealership on Van Ness.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:40 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,425,197 times
It'd either have to be Best Buy or Neimen Marcus. Both I doubt I could clean out in 3 minutes but I definetly could pick up quite a few items that I've always wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products