U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM

8,352 posts, read 11,769,234 times

Advertisements

I had something delivered to my Box at the post office. I tracked it online and saw it as being delivered. When I went to pick it up, there was no key in my box. (They usually place a key to a larger box.)

I reported this and spoke to several levels of authority. I reported it as they suggested to a separate place.

The item cost almost $50. But they never helped me with that. They never followed through. I had to reorder it and was never reimbursed even though they basically told me that they (USPS) had made the mistake.

I communicated with them several times with no resolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM

4,919 posts, read 19,018,657 times
Are we takliking about the same USPS as I am? I never had any issue with not being reimbushed for a lost or stolen package, NEVER! I have evne have postage refunded on express mail because they deliverd it in 2 days and not 1 day. Every claim I filed has been paid according to their terms and conditions. there has to be TWO us postal service.

Now I have to admit, before I file and make a claim, I make sure I;m entitled to the claim.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:16 PM

48,521 posts, read 80,601,433 times
The only problem I ever had with USPS was with one deliverier at one location I lived. I always seemed to get the get the notuce say no answer at residence and saying I could pick it up at the post office between so and so time. I watched and found the deliever actually never tried to deliver the package just carried the notice to stick on the door.Anther time a friend sent me some non-impoetnat paperwork in October from Florida and I got it in April.Other than that just usual snial mail innsues onyl noticed because i had contact with who I sent it to.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,631,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
I try my damn hardest not to have anything shipped via USPS. ---------
I've never had to deal w/ Fed-Ex other than when one of my laptops was delivered. I had to travel way out of my way to pick it up because they claim I wasn't home when they came by. I was home and waiting by the window and watched the fed-ex truck slowly roll down the street past my apartment.
I am wondering why Fedex drivers can't use a good map. Or else, what DO they use since whatever it is doesn't work very well.
It's amazing, since I can easily locate any address I want.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM

I just typed my address into google maps and my "hard-to-find" home appeared within a second.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 PM

48,521 posts, read 80,601,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I am wondering why Fedex drivers can't use a good map. Or else, what DO they use since whatever it is doesn't work very well.
It's amazing, since I can easily locate any address I want.
Never had a problem with UPS or FedEx.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 AM

426 posts, read 1,124,057 times
Default Fedex

I was a seller on Amazon, and had a customer say their package was stolen. I checked the tracking sure enough they said it was delivered at such and such a time. Customer also checked status and was assured that I had sent it. I called Fedex since I had insurance and was told insurance did not cover theft. I needed a signature to collect.I was told by employee at store before this incident happened that insurance covered theft. So when I called customer service and was told about the signature I was quite angry. I argued with rep for awhile and gave up. I had to eat the $300 loss.
I have no idea if the item was ever delivered, if it was stolen or woman scammed me.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
I was a seller on Amazon, and had a customer say their package was stolen. I checked the tracking sure enough they said it was delivered at such and such a time. Customer also checked status and was assured that I had sent it. I called Fedex since I had insurance and was told insurance did not cover theft. I needed a signature to collect.I was told by employee at store before this incident happened that insurance covered theft. So when I called customer service and was told about the signature I was quite angry. I argued with rep for awhile and gave up. I had to eat the $300 loss.
I have no idea if the item was ever delivered, if it was stolen or woman scammed me.
So neither UPS nor Fedex get signatures except at businesses. A signature would confirm delivery.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:41 PM

17,404 posts, read 18,526,524 times
I have signed for both UPS and Fedex at my home.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:07 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,018,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
So neither UPS nor Fedex get signatures except at businesses. A signature would confirm delivery.
UPS, FedEX and the USPS all requires signatures for delivery IF YOU PAID FOR THAT SERVICE!!!!!!!!
Thats the stumbling spot, most shippers don't pay for the service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products