U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 01:52 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,444,858 times

Advertisements

Recently I have decided not to tolerate unprofessional behavior and bad customer service during my shopping experience. I use to pretty much feel sorry for the retail workers when they would get treated badly by customers...however now I don't care nor feel sorry for them because a lot of the nastiness they get is warranted. I've had poor customer service due to a variety of reasons and I'm sick of it and will not tolerate it anymore. I just recently had a bad experience at one of my favorite stores which prompted this change. A new manager is over the store now and she has totally ruined my shopping experience the past 6 months she's been there.

Normally I wouldn't go to a higher up and complain but this time I felt very compelled to do so and did and I feel great about it. I could care less if she gets fired, docked pay, whatever...I do not under any circumstances deserve to be mistreated and I'm not going to tolerate it period. Each and every time from this point on that I have a bad shopping experience, I'm going to contact CORPORATE. I don't care about the manager on duty as the majority of the time they are just as unprofessional as the staff they have working there. So talking to them is pointless and the majority of the time corporate has no clue what is going on but will take action when something is brought to their attention.

I know some may think I should have been doing this a long time ago but as I stated I really didn't want to be the reason for someone losing their job or getting a cut in their pay. So I ignored a lot of mistreatment simply because I didn't think it was worth the hassle but no more misses nice gal. I will still be nice and respectful to associates who are deserving of that treatment and will not turn into that donkey of a customer every associate hates to see coming. However I will be speaking my mind and expressing my dissatisfaction from here on out and making sure my voice is heard.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,723,013 times
Good for you... now I guess you'll have to change your user name! LOL!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 PM

24,435 posts, read 33,845,739 times
I've called/e-mailed companies before due to poor service with varying results.

For example: Kroger basically told me to go eff myself. H&M sent me a handwritten apology letter and 20% off voucher.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,444,858 times
Awwww I'm disappointed in Kroger as I've always thought they were the better ones out of the grocery chains however I won't shop there anymore. Plus I've been mostly shopping at Whole Foods anyway so my shopping at Kroger days were already near an end.

Great to hear H&M values its customers and a handwritten letter is very impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products