U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:31 PM

126 posts, read 293,658 times

Advertisements

'Tis the season to be crazy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 07:05 PM

421 posts, read 368,791 times
All i have is my son and husband so xmas shopping is easy...LOL..

Old 09-22-2006, 06:57 AM

I just have to tell you how my husband shops. It doesn't matter if it's for my Christmas presents, my birthday, or our anniversary (those are the only times he does the shopping) He works alot (5 or 6 days a week) so he always waits until the day before or the day of the event. Take my birthday, every year, he buys my present and flowers on his way home from work. The 1st year he did this I was certain it was because he had forgotten. But then came Christmas and he actually waited until Dec. 23rd to get my presents and then spent an hour wrapping them in the bedroom. I finally asked him why he waits until the last minute and he said it takes him a while to decide what he is going to get, and he works so much that he doesn't have time to just "go shopping" (which is true). So I've gotten used to it, and he is a very loving, caring man so I guess I can cut him some slack. =) And in the meantime I'll continue buying stuff way too early and wish I was more like him.=)

Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,201,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbeans4 View Post
he actually waited until Dec. 23rd to get my presents and then spent an hour wrapping them in the bedroom.
Must be a "guy thing". Mine does the same thing. Christmas Eve day, he and our son go out together for Christmas shopping, for me, (he used to do this with both our kids, but our daughter is married now). Then, they come back, "sneak" off to our bedroom, with their gifts and all those gift bags, (no wrapping...must have been a man who invented those bags! ), and spend an hour, "bagging and tagging". Then, they come out, looking quite pleased with themselves, and stuff it all under the tree! And, he's done this the same way for years!

Old 09-22-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Must be a "guy thing". Mine does the same thing. Christmas Eve day, he and our son go out together for Christmas shopping, for me, (he used to do this with both our kids, but our daughter is married now). Then, they come back, "sneak" off to our bedroom, with their gifts and all those gift bags, (no wrapping...must have been a man who invented those bags! ), and spend an hour, "bagging and tagging". Then, they come out, looking quite pleased with themselves, and stuff it all under the tree! And, he's done this the same way for years!
I'm not kidding you, that's exactly what my husband does and he brings our 12 year old but our 2 year old stays home with me. We can't be the only ones with husbands that do this. Can you picture millions of men,on Christmas Eve, all over the united states, sitting on the floor in their rooms wrapping (or bagging) presents? It's a cute thought. =)

Old 09-22-2006, 02:53 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,201,304 times
Quote:
I'm not kidding you, that's exactly what my husband does and he brings our 12 year old but our 2 year old stays home with me. We can't be the only ones with husbands that do this. Can you picture millions of men,on Christmas Eve, all over the united states, sitting on the floor in their rooms wrapping (or bagging) presents? It's a cute thought. =)
Think how much all of these husbands love their wives and children, to do battle on Christmas Eve, just to bring gifts to us. And, passing it onto another generation...I'll bet my son will do the same thing when he gets married. Millions of men...don't you wish we had video for that? Cute thought, indeed!

Old 09-24-2006, 12:19 AM

104 posts, read 425,356 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, the only grip I have is on the shopping cart as I run through the aisles, laughing hysterically because I got the last Singing , Dancing Rudolph and no one can stop me!!!
Butterbeans4, you're a woman after my own heart!!! I do the same thing!!

Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki3455 View Post
Butterbeans4, you're a woman after my own heart!!! I do the same thing!!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. And we would probably get along really well... As long as we weren't in the same store at the same time....

Old 09-24-2006, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Think how much all of these husbands love their wives and children, to do battle on Christmas Eve, just to bring gifts to us. And, passing it onto another generation...I'll bet my son will do the same thing when he gets married. Millions of men...don't you wish we had video for that? Cute thought, indeed!
They must love us more than we will ever know. And maybe this year I'll try to get it on video, it would be priceless. Plus he's a carpenter so he has big calloused hands and I don't think I've ever seen him attempt to get a peice of tape off a roll before. But to be honest, my hands are not big and calloused and I still can't seem to pull tape or wrap presents the right way. I get maybe one good one in and then they all start looking like a 5 year old wrapped them. I'm not kidding, one year when my oldest daughter was 9 my Grandmother said to her " Oh Sierra, did you help your Mom wrap the presents this year?" Everone cracked up. Oh well, I too, know the importance of gift bags.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:39 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,399,551 times
Here is a tape tip: go to any place that carries office supplies and get one of the desktop tape dispensers. This lovely thing is freestanding, and you will only need to use 2 fingers to get tape. It is also refillable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products