U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 03:18 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,200,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbeans4 View Post
Oh well, I too, know the importance of gift bags.
Yay!! I'm not the only woman who cheats with the Christmas wrapping. Let's all give the man, (or maybe it was a busy mom...), who came up with the idea, a gold star. One of the best things since sliced bread. I've gotten very lazy over the years, when it comes to the gifts. Almost every gift I give now; Christmas, birthday, Easter, goes into a bag, with a little tissue. But, at least I taught my two how to do the tissue, without it looking like a chimpanzee go ahold of it. They don't always do it...but, I taught them. (Of course, I also taught my son how to wash his clothes, years ago. Then, I find out, recently, that he has resorted to throwing all of his dirty clothes into the same wash load.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2006, 11:28 PM

104 posts, read 425,279 times
Quote:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. And we would probably get along really well... As long as we weren't in the same store at the same time....
Oh, I think it would be fun to go shopping together!! I'm sorta visualizing TWO looney women racing around the store together with our carts yelling, "Hey! Come over here!! I just found a singing poinsetta that turns into a Christmas tree!!" We'd probably clear out the store & have it all to ourselves!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,200,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki3455 View Post
Oh, I think it would be fun to go shopping together!! I'm sorta visualizing TWO looney women racing around the store together with our carts yelling, "Hey! Come over here!! I just found a singing poinsetta that turns into a Christmas tree!!" We'd probably clear out the store & have it all to ourselves!!!
I don't know. If I peeked into the store and found only the two of you, I'd chance it. After all, that's one of the reasons I hate Christmas shopping is all the crowds!

Old 09-25-2006, 12:40 PM

126 posts, read 293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Here is a tape tip: go to any place that carries office supplies and get one of the desktop tape dispensers. This lovely thing is freestanding, and you will only need to use 2 fingers to get tape. It is also refillable.
That sounds great, but do they also carry a pair of scissors that only cuts in a perfectly straight line and cuts the exact amount of paper you need for each present? How about a device that automatically turns odd shaped containers into perfect squares that fit right into the last gift bag you have? Dare I dream?

Old 09-25-2006, 12:43 PM

126 posts, read 293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki3455 View Post
"Hey! Come over here!! I just found a singing poinsetta that turns into a Christmas tree!!"

Do they really have those? Where? Can I have one? I saw it first!
I'm just kidding, I think it would be fun too, we could conquer the entire store if there were 2 of us! Plus CelticLady could get some shopping done with no other people in the store.

Last edited by Marka; 09-25-2006 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: repaired code

Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 AM

2,098 posts, read 5,909,566 times
Quote:
That sounds great, but do they also carry a pair of scissors that only cuts in a perfectly straight line and cuts the exact amount of paper you need for each present? How about a device that automatically turns odd shaped containers into perfect squares that fit right into the last gift bag you have? Dare I dream?
How great would life be if that could be invented?! I thought I was the only one who had those problems

Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM

421 posts, read 368,620 times
TOO FUNNY NOT TO SHARE...
http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0...dec7c3c8ef7f44
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products