U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 AM

1,636 posts, read 160,975 times
Smile Your opinion on waterbeds

Hello !

Maybe this is not the right place to ask this but anyway :

Can you help me to do my researc on waterbeds ? i would be rally grateful if you could share your experiance ( if you have ) sleeping on waterbed.
In my country ( Slovenia ) they become more and more popular. I would be happy to see how is with other country users.

Thank you very much !

( Sorry my English was not used for a long time ! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 AM

7,574 posts, read 7,029,914 times
Hi there,

We have a waterbed and we're happy with it..... Anything in particuliar you would like to know? Jeannie

Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 AM

Hay !
Thanks for your answer. If you can tell me what kind of wave motion do you have and how long you have waterbed ?

Old 09-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 3,630,833 times
I also have a waterbed. I LOVE IT !!
I have had my waterbed for .... 24 years!!!
We had gotten a pillowtop matress at the request of my husband."Waterbed is outdated, not good for your back.." LOL
Neither one of us liked it as much as the waterbed. So I stripped the old finish off and refinished it.
I will not give up my waterbed.
I have a full motion waterbed. I have had to patch and even replace my matress several times. It is hard to find them here in the south, but there is always the internet ! I have a spare matress just in case.

I LOVE MY WATERBED !!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:23 AM

5,365 posts, read 8,540,320 times
Boma, quite a bit of research has already been done. Check it out...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/other...-waterbed.html

Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Wow Im really exited to hear from you all. Great to hear that waterbed is sooooo gooood. I have it for 3 years and I m not sorry ( yet )! I sleep as a baby every night and it is warm!mmm
What happened that you had to patch it ?!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 AM

Hello square peg and thanks for the advice ! I didnt know, I joined here in Aug.
I will look !!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 AM

7,574 posts, read 7,029,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boma View Post
Hay !
Thanks for your answer. If you can tell me what kind of wave motion do you have and how long you have waterbed ?
We purchased it about 6 years ago,and only thing I can remember is we got the "low" motion waterbed so we didn't feel like we were drowning........ Keep anything with claws away from it http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/rmthugger/Smileys/CatPetting.gif (broken link), add conditioner once or twice a year....thats it........ Jeannie

Old 09-12-2007, 09:37 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 3,630,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boma View Post
Wow Im really exited to hear from you all. Great to hear that waterbed is sooooo gooood. I have it for 3 years and I m not sorry ( yet )! I sleep as a baby every night and it is warm!mmm
What happened that you had to patch it ?!
Several different situations. One major is I used to have cats. Claws and waterbeds do not go well together, especially full motion waterbeds. The rest, I'll have to call just carelessness. Leaving something sharp on the bed . DUH

My son also has a full motion waterbed.We had to get him one to keep him out of ours. LOL. He has had his about 9 years (he is now 17). I can positively say that I have had to patch his more frequently.

As I awoke this morning, I went to get out of bed and recall just laying there thinking... I am sooo comfortable, I don't want to move !

Old 09-12-2007, 07:10 PM

895 posts, read 1,520,291 times
hmm waterbed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products