Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Im looking for a GOOD MATTRESS (AND PILLOW ALSO)

I DONT WANT ONE OF THESE NEWER PIECES OF GARBAGE!!!! -- New mattress ARE COMPLETE CRAP!!!!! — Along with these NEW pillows made now… COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!!

Your head sinks to the mattress,NO SUPPORT,etc….. The mattress is FOAM and no good @ all……..

I cannot sleep on mine,i get all achy and im achy enough as it is!!

I had the same one for 20 years or so AND I WISH I STILL HAD IT! — This new one IS A PIECE OF PURE GARBAGE!! (Makes me ache all over,sinks in,etc)

The saddest part is: YOU CANT FIND ANYTHING BUT THESE FOAM PIECES OF CRAP NOW!!!!

They redesigned them 10 yrs ago or so and THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!!! (No wonder why so many ppl are sore all over)

I tried a SLEEP NUMBER mattress…. WHAT A PIECE OF TRASH…. EVERY MORNING I WOKE UP AND MY LEGS ACHED LIKED CRAZY!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a GOOD BOX SPRING MATTRESS THAT WAS MADE IN THE 70s or 80s?? (And a matching good pillow from that time) Perhaps someone is getting rid of one

I AM SO DESPERATE ITS NOT FUNNY,IM SICK OF THE GARBAGE MADE NOW.......... I thought i would ask my family here on city-data for some assistance in the matter

Merci Beaucoup!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 04:21 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
I swear by the Kings Down mattress set. I love mine...well worth the money. Google Kings Down to find a retailer in your area.

As for a good pillow...dont go to a discount store ( wal mart, target) they have crap. Go to an actually bedding store, or a high end department store. A good pillow will run you $100 or more, but it's worth it.

Kohl's had some pillows on sale for 60% off not too long ago..I was just using them for extra shams and not to sleep on...well, I ended up mixing them up one time and was very very surprised how nice this pillow was. I think I paid $30 on sale?? I can't remember...but do your research and shop around.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 AM

Thank you....

I saw a spam commercial last night on one of the channels as I was flipping thru and they were selling a pillow! (mypillow.com) although they didnt say how much it was on the spam commercial

Im just tired and sick of it all!!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:08 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
We had many "Mattress" threads already, and it seems to be very hard to find a good mattress nowadays.
Everyone has his/her subjective opinion. Everyone's needs are different, because of gender, age, weight, type of work we do etc.
The best advise would be to find a local store (no shipping costs) that let you try the mattress for at least 30 days and return if you are not satisfied.
You really need to try it yourself...

COSTCO has a pretty good policy about returning merchandise. So far I know their return policy permits you to return ANYTHING (except electronicds- 90 days) with or without the receipt whenever you want as long as you still have the same membership - even years after purchase!!
Call 1-866-660-7800 and ask for mattress returning policy
Their current selection:
Costco - Furniture & Decor - Mattresses

Here is something to read:
Going to the Mattresses - Slate Magazine

Happy shopping!!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
The website I bought our mattress from actually sells some two sided mattresses similar to what was around before pillow tops came about. No one will make a mattress exactly the way they used to due to many factors but check theses mattresses out. I almost bought one. Pricey but worth it I'd say.

Two Sided Mattresses

Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek
No one will make a mattress exactly the way they used to due to many factors....
Ya mainly cost,THEY MAKE THE CHEAPEST GARBAGE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH SELLING!!!

Mattresses were MUCH BETTER in the 80s and before...... Its just so sad

Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
I love our Sterns and Foster mattress.....very comfy! We didn't opt for the "pillow top", but I did buy a thin topper (not foam or feather) and it truly enhanced the comfort level! Hubby and I are opposites, size-wise and this mattress works for both of us!!!!

Can't help with the pillow....I've been searching for a new one (preferably, foam, but not hard or heavy!!) for years!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 AM

Im sorry but i hate this CHEAP FOAM crap!!!!!!

It sinks in,after awhile doesnt have any support,etc......

Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
What about coils mattress? Very popular in Europe. I slept on one many years. Didn't complain.
Read about the coils to understand the numbers,

Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM

Yes COILS,those are like box spring right??

I am almost tempted to try and sleep on the one i have now UNDERNEATH THE MATTRESS! (It is box spring but w/no soft layer like a mattress has above them (Well they used to in the 80s and earlier))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products