Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Gal View Post
Honestly, I'm NOT thrilled Wal-Mart sells firearms and ammunition (IMHO, that's disgusting and wish they wouldn't do it), but I still shop there from time to time.

I think stop shopping at a place just because you don't agree with something they sell or are doing is a bit extreme.

What would you ladies do if EVERYONE did what Target is doing? Then where would you shop? To be honest, you WOULDN'T be shopping anywhere, would you? How would you even survive?
K-Mart sells those too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,628,898 times
Quote:
Honestly, I'm NOT thrilled Wal-Mart sells firearms and ammunition (IMHO, that's disgusting and wish they wouldn't do it), but I still shop there from time to time.

I think stop shopping at a place just because you don't agree with something they sell or are doing is a bit extreme.

What would you ladies do if EVERYONE did what Target is doing? Then where would you shop? To be honest, you WOULDN'T be shopping anywhere, would you? How would you even survive?
I just use discretion when choosing to support businesses that are in direct violation of certain beliefs that I hold. The lifestyle that the shirts support has caused irreparable harm and despair to my family. I probably won't stop shopping at Target altogether, but I will stop until the shirts are removed or are out of stock for good.

Quote:
I'm not big on self-checkouts though I've used them.
I don't understand how anyone could be apprehensive about self-checkouts. Instead of standing in a line, having yet another stranger handle your items, you can quickly swipe them through, swipe your card, get your receipt and go. The Wal-Marts that have self-checkouts are great because not many people use them.

Quote:
Would definitely like to see 24-hour Targets. Actually, I'm kind of perplexed why the Super Targets aren't 24-hour stores like the Super Wal-Marts.
We definitely agree here. Maybe it is an effort to keep labor costs down. Who knows?

Quote:
Not aroud me. There's no self checkouts at any of the Wal-Marts in the Chicagoland area to the best of my knowledge.
I have noticed that they're more common in some areas than others. I think higher crime areas tend to have fewer of these scanners, which would definitely explain why Chicago is lacking.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:36 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
I LOVE Target & I'm about to live across the street from a nice one in my city. I've always loved Target...can't stand Walmart & go there as little as possible.

Walmart always has this hectic feeling. Target is nice to stroll around & is nice, calm & more upscale. Believe it or not, I do see a different element of people shopping at each of the two stores. Honestly, there's more unkempt, sloppy-looking, maybe ghetto people shopping at Walmart. I'm not ashamed to shop at or be seen in Walmart. I'm just not thrilled with the ambience of the store.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:19 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Love Target for everything except the clothes. Hate the "women's" clothes. Their t-shirts are thin and always have stupid sayings or graphics on them. You have either the front of the clothing section for juniors (more stupid sayings or graphics) and the end where it is for the more mature woman. Very little, IMHO, for the middle.

I do buy my son's jeans there occasionally, and a few workout pants for me, but for clothes, that is all I buy at Target

Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I go there every couple months at most, rarely buy anything.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Last time I went to Target, I walked through the whole store and could find nothing to wear that I would be caught dead in. I sometimes go there for coffee and we have tried their food but found it lacking too. I consider it a teenybopper place. Guess they are catering to the age that spends most of the money.

Oh, and I asked where their dresses were and they didn't have any. No dresses. None!

When I am looking for clothes for myself, I go to Belk's.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I shop at both. The two stores that I go to are in the same shopping center, and I see the same people at both stores.

I don't buy clothes from either one of them, though.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:06 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
No the closest one is over an hour away. No worries for me....I never find anything I like there anyway, lol.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:46 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,721 times
Always shop at Target, good value and price, I have had no problems with Target at all. If I had to take an item back, I have the receipt and had no questions/problems.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 AM

31 posts, read 44,799 times
its interesting reading this because its so different I guess in the mostly rural or suburban areas. in this huge basically one large city that is the area from Boston to Richmond it's sooo different for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products