Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:35 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,390,428 times

Advertisements

Um, I like my Doc's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,982 times
What's the 'cut-off' age for wearing Uggs???

Old 09-22-2007, 06:52 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
LOL ... I try not to be vain about stuff but there's always Mom's voice in the back of my head when I try clothes/shoes/accessories on. I love my Mom to death but dang, that disapproving voice of hers I will never shake off!

I'm smiling...my mom to, was a label buyer...then one day I realized, so what? it doesn't make the person....

She always wanted me to wear a dress...?????? And it had to be the very best....and we didn't have a lot of money...but everything had to be the best...I had a doctors kid in school tell me, I was the best dressed kid in school....?? That embarressed me....but was true. You can dress your entire self up, with the best make up and clothes, and accessories and turn the heads of everyone, and look like you just stepped off the cover of Vogue Magazine...but when dollars comes to donuts...if you got nothin inside....all the clothes in the world can't make you a better person.

I will never ever forget....we were waiting for my daughter in law to come home, so we could go out to dinner...(it was freezin out....my son put a little beanie hat on my grand daughter) When my daughter in law saw that, she freaked out, rather abnormally and said, "My daughter's not going out of this house, lookin like a homeless person!" Apparently she didn't think, how insulting her comment really was....as I put those hats on my son...and I wore those hats myself...and so does over 1/2 the population...

so, no matter what you wear...you can't give, what you've never known. Fashion, means dittily squat...when it comes down to it....but, I believe fashion, is a security blanket for some? I dunno?

Hugs
Creme

Old 09-22-2007, 06:55 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,412 times
I've never worn Uggs before (mainly because I'm a guy and it'd look weird ) but they do look very comfortable. Just out of interest what are they like waterproof wise? I only ask because when I'm tramping through the snow in my moon boots my feet stay toasty warm and dry but to me Uggs look as though they'd turn into sponges at the first sign of moisture.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
I don't think they are all that waterproof, which is why they worked out so well for me in Colorado.
But I think there are different kinds of Uggs and levels of water resistance, too--some might work better than others.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:14 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,099,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
What's the 'cut-off' age for wearing Uggs???
I think you can wear them at any age. Where I used to live, everyone would wear them. Men. women, kids, elderly (they actually looked hip), all ages.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:49 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,421 times
Nope - never liked them.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,982 times
Question Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Nope - never liked them.
Just 'Why?' Weird, ugly, or what? They do not sell them in the little towns around here.....

Old 09-23-2007, 07:15 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I've seen them worn with sweat pants -

Now - I'd never be caught looking like that.
I wear them all the time with sweat pants. A lot of girls around here do. Not ratty sweat pants though, a matching sweat outfit where the top and bottoms match and the color of the outfit also matches the Uggs. I think it looks cute.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:16 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
I've never worn Uggs before (mainly because I'm a guy and it'd look weird ) but they do look very comfortable. Just out of interest what are they like waterproof wise? I only ask because when I'm tramping through the snow in my moon boots my feet stay toasty warm and dry but to me Uggs look as though they'd turn into sponges at the first sign of moisture.
They are actually not waterproof, BUT they sell a spray so they don't get ruined when wet. I spray mine at the beginning of each fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products