U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,944,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Too bad your not in my part of the world. I could tell you all of the warehouse sales to hit for ladies clothes. I love finding these places and buying at GREAT prices and then someone sees me in it thinking I shop at all the fancy boutiques. LOL!! Living in Dallas there is so much available, everyone here wants it on sale or at a discount. I don't know about online for sunglasses and stuff but recently one of our news stations did a story on some company that deals in designer handbags. You RENT them. I checked on it and it was all legit and looked REALLY nice. I'll see if I can find it or you might google the words. I would LOVE to find a ladies shoe warehouse sale that sells CURRENT shoes not overruns and left overs from years ago. That is why I live the warehouses for clothes, it is all current items that are on the racks in the stores. We also have the Design District in Dallas and there are people that go down to the places like Ralph Lauren - Polo and get the samples and then go set up sales in country clubs and such. They let them do this, the Ralph Lauren people that is.

Has anyone checked out that overstock.com place? They advertise alot.

I got a really nice quilt with shams on there for 39.99 and I got a 7 foot fiber optic Christmas tree last year, it came with about 10 different color pattern disks, I paid 99.99. I think that's all I got from there.

I love my quilt!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2006, 07:50 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,944,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
try ebay, you can get some good deals on stuff.

I got a nice Dell latitude notebook for 250.00 and I got one of those fake fireplaces for 325.oo on ebay.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,144,723 times
I'm no lady, but I know where a shopping heaven is for those ladies who have champagne tastes and a beer budget ... I worked in the Philippines in Makati City from late 04 through first part of 05 and there is a place south of Manila, about a 45 minute drive if the traffic isn't bad from the airport (you literally have to close your eyes and pretend you're somewhere else to prevent leakage in your undies from fright....there are NO traffic laws or courtesy) called "Green Hills". It's a HUGE...H.U.G.E.. bazaar/mall/tent/booths shopping paradise where you can buy anything for pennies on the dollar. I spent $200 on about 1 lb. of real pearls for gifts, bought new belts, etc. The women who were with me splurged on fake Louis Vuitton goodies from purses to suitcases to wallets to keyholders, shoes, clothing, jewelry, everything. The only problem is that it's not a safe place to go without at least one or two others with you (crime is a problem...I almost got robbed in a taxi and when they couldn't get to me in the cab, they slashed the back tires. I helped the driver change the tires. Even little kids will rob you if they can!!!). The pearl bazaar is unbelievable. You walk into a cavernous building bigger than a typical high school gymnasium and it's wall to wall booths manned by Moslem women in their veils or whatever you call them with ghostly powdered white faces..(a bit of a shock, but I guess beauty standards vary around the world ). There are literally ropes of all qualities of pearls as far as you can see with the more expensive pieces under glass. The reputation of the Moslem vendors is superb as they are known for honesty and being truthful and they jealously guard their reputation and honor, so you feel confident dealing with them. Men cannot touch the women, even a handshake, or they draw back in horror like you farted in church. And for everything at Green Hills, there is no set price, you bargain. Although I hated the Philippines, detested it actually, I thought the bargains were extraordinary and I've thought about flying back to Manila, going straight to Green Hills in a taxi from the airport, spending $500-1000 on pearls and knock-offs, then coming back and selling it all on EBay at a 500% or higher markup which would still be cheap. However, when you come back through customs, if they open your bags and find the knockoffs, they confiscate it all. Luckily they didn't check us

Last edited by MoMark; 09-21-2006 at 08:15 PM..

Old 09-21-2006, 09:31 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,811,584 times
Quote:
Overstock.com, in my humble opinion, is the most overrated thing.
I've looked there too definately overated.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 PM

502 posts, read 2,161,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
I've looked there too definately overated.
Overstock.com should rename itself weselloverpricedcrap.com

Old 09-22-2006, 05:31 PM

502 posts, read 2,161,038 times
Default More Shopping Websites

For fragrances at great prices I shop at Fragrancenet.com. They also sell discounted hair products and skincare products.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:48 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,081,433 times
Default bargain shopping

I love thrift stores and eBay. The only thing with eBay is watch what the item costs at the store so you don't pay more, watch the rating of the seller. I have gotten great deals on there and some wonderful bargains on great designer items at thrift stores. I'm in WY but go to Fort Collins, CO or Denver.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:06 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,200,505 times
I put in an earlier post on this subject, but I forgot a store. In Pensacola, (and in Fort Walton Beach), there is a TJ MAX, I believe it's called. I don't go there often, (I'm one of those odd ladies who doesn't care much for clothes shopping. I'd rather go to Lowes, Academy, or any and all bookstores. And, I generally avoid the mall like the plague. ), but they do have some nice stuff, name brand, etc. Sometimes it's extras, sometimes seconds, whatever, but good prices. They have clothes, shoes, perfumes, purses, toys, kitchen stuff. Kind of a hodgepodge.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:58 PM

55 posts, read 157,914 times
$300.00 for a pair of sunglasses (prob made in China) lol .......not me have better things to spend my money on

Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 PM

421 posts, read 368,620 times
Default too funny not to share...

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0...dec7c3c8ef7f44
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products