U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:32 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,143,061 times

Advertisements

(again, no lady here, but...) I have certain places I like to shop. Overstock.com I don't get, plus that weird chick they use for their advertising irritates the hell out of me with her mumbly weird accent and come-hither retarded grin. But, a favorite place of mine is Tuesday Morning. The ones in Las Vegas are fantastic. The one here in Springfield is ok, but it comes from Texas I believe and it's an amazing store that sells high thread count sheets, often Egyptian cotton, for nothin'. I bought my livingroom lamps there a few years ago too and various knickknacks, including my steak knife set. I've also bought indoor bbq grills and various cookery things there. It's a great store. I like Ross too, the housewares or home sections, but you can only put so much crap in your house after awhile. The other good store with occasional goodies for the home is Burlington Coat factory. When I had my first two houses, I used to shop a lot. Now I don't, but I still go in once in awhile to look around. I have a different outlook on stuff...it's Waterford for my dining room, but Target for my wardrobe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 PM

502 posts, read 2,160,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
(again, no lady here, but...) I have certain places I like to shop. Overstock.com I don't get, plus that weird chick they use for their advertising irritates the hell out of me with her mumbly weird accent and come-hither retarded grin. But, a favorite place of mine is Tuesday Morning. The ones in Las Vegas are fantastic. The one here in Springfield is ok, but it comes from Texas I believe and it's an amazing store that sells high thread count sheets, often Egyptian cotton, for nothin'. I bought my livingroom lamps there a few years ago too and various knickknacks, including my steak knife set. I've also bought indoor bbq grills and various cookery things there. It's a great store. I like Ross too, the housewares or home sections, but you can only put so much crap in your house after awhile. The other good store with occasional goodies for the home is Burlington Coat factory. When I had my first two houses, I used to shop a lot. Now I don't, but I still go in once in awhile to look around. I have a different outlook on stuff...it's Waterford for my dining room, but Target for my wardrobe.

I loooooooooove Tuesday Morning!!!!! Tuesday Morning is like Home Goods but better. I have to try Brulington Coat factory. I haven't been to one in almost 10 years. I wasn't too crazy about them but maybe it was just the one I went to.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 PM

Every time I am on this thread, I keep hearing the tune to Ladies' Night. I can't stand it. aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,943,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post

I like Burlington they have great Vases and tons of shower curtains good prices too, but I can never find anything at Tuesday Morning.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Another Website for shoes!!!!!!!!!!

lovemyshoes.com

They are better than Zappos.com. Price wise that is. Zappos has a bigger selection.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:17 PM

2,349 posts, read 9,745,037 times
I get all my kid's clothing on ebay or at consignment sales/thrift shops. Ebay is just the best! Of course, I get auction fever and buy too much BUT I never spend too much. I got my little guy (3yrs old) 37 mixed winter items for $27. Including shipping. Now, how can you beat that? Not all were "brand" but for that price who cares? I know a 3yr old doesn't. I also bought some things for me but w/the sizing/brand differences not everything fit. Other than that, I hit the end of season sales for the next year's outfits.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 PM

892 posts, read 2,216,979 times
I have gotten a few kids shirts off of ebay only because they had trains on them and that is hard to find , except thomas crap. All new with tags, some were mulberriebush brand which I loved.
I have a question about Bloomingdales. Are they along the same lines of Macy's? I am not into designer crap but I like good quality clothes. I shop Macy's or Nordstrom here and when I went to N. Alabama I noticed they had Bloomingdales.
and yea I too don't get overstock.com

Old 10-10-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Great Gif!!!

This place make the cutest name plaques and the price for the large banner is only $17.00!

Check it out:
http://www.namebanners.com/

Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 AM

504 posts, read 1,651,536 times
We shop at thrift stores and yard sales. My daughters got so much money to buy school clothes and they could buy whatever they wanted, but they would not get more no matter what.Having to choose one pair of expensive jeans at a boutique or a few pairs in a thrift store made budgets stretch a lot. Neither of them went to school embarrased and I never heard either say I have nothing to wear. Still thier favorite places to shop. I started taking them when they were little.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:07 AM

13,495 posts, read 34,316,681 times
Call me thrifty, but I like Target and I also like Kmart. You can't imagine how much money I save because I buy clothes at the end of the season. Wow, they're often marked down by more then half price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products