U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,154,372 times

Advertisements

*****...P.E.R.S.E. is a bad word? As in JAMES *****!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 03:19 AM

29,038 posts, read 45,612,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
I have gotten a few kids shirts off of ebay only because they had trains on them and that is hard to find , except thomas crap. All new with tags, some were mulberriebush brand which I loved.
I have a question about Bloomingdales. Are they along the same lines of Macy's? I am not into designer crap but I like good quality clothes. I shop Macy's or Nordstrom here and when I went to N. Alabama I noticed they had Bloomingdales.
and yea I too don't get overstock.com
I personally love Bloomingdales, and often prefer it to Macy's... I'm a size 14, so I shop in their "women's" (aka plus-size) department, and get some great professional clothing! I got the most fabulous suit there, made by INC, and I swear it got me 2 jobs (if you feel confident, it shows!). They're a bit more expensive than Macy's, and don't have as many sales - but you can usually find some discounts, especially if you're on their mailing list.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:34 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,154,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I personally love Bloomingdales, and often prefer it to Macy's... I'm a size 14, so I shop in their "women's" (aka plus-size) department, and get some great professional clothing! I got the most fabulous suit there, made by INC, and I swear it got me 2 jobs (if you feel confident, it shows!). They're a bit more expensive than Macy's, and don't have as many sales - but you can usually find some discounts, especially if you're on their mailing list.

Bloomies has a clearance catalog, too...

I don't know what kind of a customer you have to be nowadays to get it (might have to be a store card holder with a history), but I've seen lots of really, really cool stuff go for cheap - and I don't normally use that word with Bloomies (or Norstrom - who also has a clearance catalog) in the same sentence!

Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM

658 posts, read 2,237,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Just got the BP catalog...want those seamed linen gauchos something fierce.
i want almost evrything in it lol

Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 AM

8 posts, read 23,581 times
I know what you mean

I used to a spend so much money buying clothes, perfumes, hair products etc that I realized I had to figure out how to lower the cost without living without them!!

I now love thrift stores ..wait I do not buy the used stuff, they also have brand new with tags items. I do not buy regular size perfume I shop eBay for trial sizes, and sort by lowest price first.

I love love jewelry, I have purchased earrings from EBAY at girlslikebeads at $0.01, I received my package on Friday, and WOWWWW they look like $50.00 earrings, I was so happy!!!!

Swarovski Handmade and unique, love it

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM

324 posts, read 708,153 times
Sometimes I will shop at inexpensive stores, but I'll wear a great pair of shoes or bring a nice handbag when I wear those clothes. If you have nice accessories, even just a strand of pearls, people will usually not second guess the quality or cheapness of your clothes.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,225,051 times
woot.com - check this site out! 1 item daily greatly reduced
ihavetohavethat.com
pbteen.com
ballbeauty.com - cosmetics, hair products
esteelauder.com - always get 4 free samples and free shipping - great site
aadvantage.com - part of the American Airlines Advantage club - you get miles when you buy from their site and their are hundreds of retailers to choose from

Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,458 times
i just want to know ,when you buy something on some website . the website nice or not is very important???

Old 11-19-2007, 04:22 PM

6 posts, read 32,523 times
for a good clothes store online, I go to Home Sierra Brooke has cool stuff that are affordable. Check it out!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 AM

502 posts, read 2,161,038 times
Default Skin Care

For years, I've used Clinique but felt that lately it hasn't been working for me and I've also looked at my finances and thought I should scale things down. So I looked to an old friend, Paula Begoun, the Cosmetics cops to see what she recomends. Last time I heard about her she had that book, "“Don’t Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me.” To my surprise, she developed her own line! I decided to give them a try since they are affordable and great for sensative skin and can I just tell you that I'm in love!!! I just love her skin care products. She also sells makeup but I haven't tried any of her makeup yet just her full line of skin care products which are the best ever!! She sells her products online at cosmeticscop.com/

If you like to know more about her, here are some reviews:
Skin Care Product Reviews: Paula's Choice
Paula's Choice - fortheface.com (http://www.fortheface.com/brand/paulas-choice/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products