U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:10 AM

204 posts, read 598,611 times

Advertisements

Although this thread began long ago, let me add my 2 cents.....I've bought several pair of designer sunglasses at Costco. Also for desinger clothes online try HSN. They mark down frequently so keep an eye on something you like and the price will eventually go down, if your size is still in stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 PM

25 posts, read 100,923 times
The Accessory Shoppe - Stylish Accessories For The Fashion Girl has good designer inspired handbags at nice prices.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 11,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Okay Ladies, I would like to know if you know a good website to buy knock off designer bags and glasses. I am tired of paying $300.00 for a pair of glasses. I can't afford that but I'm cursed with good taste. I have champagne taste on tap water budget!

Also please tell me of any good discount shoes, clothing, or accessories websites. I know about zappos but I'm wondering if there is something else better.

For kids clothes, I found a website, http://www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com/cart/index.php (broken link) Not Polo but they have some cute stuff)=. Some stuff is good others not so good.

For hair products I shop at [url=http://www.just4hair.com]Just4Hair - Discount Salon Hair Care Products[/url]. Just4hair.com has all the name brands at excellent prices. For cosmetics, [url=http://www.gloss.com]Gloss.com[/url]. Gloss.com doesn't have great discounts but they always have free shipping discount codes and they give away good samples.

Any info you pass along will sure be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Guys, if you feel left out, you can tell us where you shop too.
[url=http://www.become.com]Online Shopping at Become.com - Compare prices and research products[/url] is good to i am chocolatefraek!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:36 PM

486 posts, read 893,905 times
I love TJ Maxx. Some of the stores have a designer area, which has alot of the high end clothes at a discounted rate. You can find designers shoes, sunglasses, clothes, etc. One of my friends bought a pair of designer sunglasses for $50 and took them to the eye doctor and had her lenses put in it.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 PM

486 posts, read 893,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

As for knock offs, the only place I have seen them was in San Antonio and in the Bahamas. I just couldn't make the leap to buy the knockoff Gucci, Chanel, Dior, etc b/c the prices were still $85 - $150 and to me - I would rather buy a nice Coach bag at a Coach outlet for $200 than pay $125 for a knock off Louis Vuitton. If I could find an VL for $35, now I would buy it if it looked really good.
I agree. I don't recommend purchasing knock offs. I have bought several in the past from New York. They were dirt cheap $20 - $40. They looked really good for the few weeks that I wore them before they broke. The knock offs usually wind up being a waste of money. I have found good bargains on Coach, Dooney and Burke, etc. in the departments stores. They often have them marked down. I bought a good size Coach purse for $100 from Lord and Taylor in Vegas.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:47 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,043,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herst1240 View Post
For designer bags and glasses try ebay or craigslist.org. I purchased a knock off Coach bag on Craigslist for $35.00, it was beautiful.

OKay, here is what I don't get....... never have got it..........
Why do people buy fake ? well okay, obvious reason is the price I suppose.
My thing is the people who go on and on about how they don't care about brand names but yet they buy knock-off bags and they shop at Marshalls or TJ Max which sell brands at less?
It is confusing to me and if nothing else, hypocritical.
Buying fake is fine , really all it says to me is that you ONLY care about the brand name and NOT about the quality of the item at all.

Just my opinion though... I can't afford to have a closet full of COACH or KATE SPADE,etc... but I would rather have a few really nice ,authentic bags vs. some fake things that aren't going to last.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,163,732 times
For those who want to buy authentic designer handbags my trick is to go to antique shops. Find one who gets a lot of their stuff from estate sales. I live near Sun City Center in Florida and my antique shop is always getting bags in from wealthy womens homes who have passed. I think I have three Dooney & Burke bags, three Coach bags, one Fendi, five Louis Vuitton, two Gucci and a couple I can't think of at this time. The most expensive bag was a large Louis speedy bag that I paid $ 35 for. I highly recommend going this route. Just please stay out of my antique store lol.

As for clothes, while I used to shop at Bloomingdales (only because they took over my beloved Burdines) and Dillards, I like most people am trying to save money and have fallen in love with the new Kohls that opened up in my area. Never heard of them before but they have some really cute stuff and their sales can't be beat.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:35 AM

1,044 posts, read 4,069,021 times
So I LOVE to shop...but where I live we have a Walmart and a Macy's, which is REALLY expensive and not that great of a selection. I am used to three story department stores (I used to live near the King of Prussia Mall, in case any of you know it) and I am desperate go to shopping. When I can't fight the shopping bug, I look online or ask my mom to mail me stuff from home that she finds.

Anyways, I LOVE smartbargains.com. The prices are a little bit higher than TJ Maxx prices, but they have great customer service and you can generally wait a bit and get an even better deal.

Sometimes I look for shoes on amazon and I have also bought cheap clothing on ebay- a really cute one shoulder dress for $3.00!

Also, I am addicted to this site: Shopping | I'm Not Obsessed - Celebrity Gossip And Pictures , which as a lot of info about online deals for shopping and beauty supplies.

Best of luck!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:53 PM

12 posts, read 99,953 times
Ebay always has good knock offs or craigs list. but sometimes I just go to dillards and they will have like marc jacobs on clearance

Old 07-30-2008, 04:20 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,926,011 times
I'm short, so there are just a few places I can shop. Dillard's, Macy's, Ann Taylor Loft, JC Penney (which usually doesn't have anything I like, but sometimes I get lucky) and Talbot's. Sear's has a petite department also, but I rarely see anything I like there.

What I don't understand is why designers seem to think that only old women are short. So many clothes in the petite departments look like they were designed for older ladies. It's frustrating. I like things that are classy and stylish. And sometimes I even want something kind of hip and trendy. Very hard to find when you're short.

I won't shop online because I have to touch and try on clothes before I buy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products