U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:01 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,287,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've got the same sort of problem. I'm a size six but have a 36" inseam. Most of the tall's aren't even tall enough. I swear, I try on about 200 pairs of pants before I find one that fits and I only bother to try on the ones which look as though they might work.
Pants are always the hardest to find. I like pants that are roomy and sit low on my hips, otherwise I'm so uncomfortable. I am particularly fond of elastic waistbands and sweatpants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,287,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I am also short and it is very hard to find clothes that fit.In most stores , if I am not lucky enough to arrive on the day that they put out the merchandise, all the size fours (they only order one or two of them) are gone and I am out of luck.
Nancy,

Don't you know? As soon as they get a new style in, all the little people rush in and buy the size 4s. That's why their all gone when we arrive.

My strategy is to visit Marshall's several times a week. When I find something in my size, I buy it!!! I can always return it later (if I don't get too attached!)

W x3

Old 01-11-2009, 08:29 PM

26,111 posts, read 24,883,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Pants are always the hardest to find. I like pants that are roomy and sit low on my hips, otherwise I'm so uncomfortable. I am particularly fond of elastic waistbands and sweatpants!
I found the greatest pair of guys Champion warm-ups at Target. They have an elastic waist, they're a silky quiet synthetic out, warm liner inside, slightly flared leg with zipper at the ankle and they're long enough. I'm thrilled. I wish that they'd had another pair in my size.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 950 times
Smile Advice hair straightener 20-60% off store

Hi friends. here sale 20-60% hair straightener all friends see at
[url=http://astore.amazon.com/chi-sedu-conair-ghd-hair-straightener-20]SAVE 20-60 Percent Chi Hair Straightener, Conair, Sedu and GHD Hair Straightener - Chi Hair Straightener[/url]
i like this here.

if friends want to see toys or games store must here
[url=http://astore.amazon.com/monopoly-here-20]Inexpensive Toys | Inexpensive Games | Cheap Toys and Games Low Price SAVE 10-40% - Inexpensive Toys and Games[/url]

T-shirt here
[url=http://www.designshirt.us]Design Your Own T Shirt Easy As You Please Shiping 24-48 Hr.[/url]
this here friends can design by your own easy and cheap Shiping 24-48 Hr.

Cheap Digital camera here
[url=http://astore.amazon.com/best-inexpensive-digital-camera-low-price-20]inexpensive digital camera | inexpensive digital cameras | best digital camera | digital camera low price SAVE 10-50% - Inexpensive Digital Camera[/url]

I hope everyone will happy
bye

Last edited by hairstraightener; 01-18-2009 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 01-18-2009, 12:42 AM

91 posts, read 213,676 times
I normally just shop at Wal-Mart or Burlington Coat Factory. Lots of choices at Burlington, for cheap.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:11 AM

4,324 posts, read 8,343,040 times
I love Ross Dress For Less. It never fails, I can be looking for nothing in particular when I go there and come out with something, I just had to have. Depends on what city I am in, some Ross stores are just better than others. I love the double decker Ross store I go to when I visit there.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 PM

11,605 posts, read 20,760,242 times
WHERE is there a double-decker Ross? I shop there also, great prices, especially for things that really aren't going to be fashionable for long, cheap tee's, etc. - I will NEVER step foot into the Burlington Coat Factory again - THE only one around here is horrible, same goes for WalMart in this area.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:20 PM

8,240 posts, read 15,395,328 times
Anthropolgie! I lovvvve that place.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM

494 posts, read 1,127,940 times
oh, i always shop sales, whether it is macys, bloomies, nordstrom (or nordstrom rack), tjmaxx, and marshalls. for some reason, i hate ross. maybe it has good deals, but it looks too cheap to even get me to go inside. i also hate burlington coat factory. i have never bought from ebay and probably will never buy from ebay or craigslist. i am a 'name brand' freak but only if on sale and i don't care which season it is hahah if it fits me and i love it then i get it. i have 1 pair of armani sunglasses, and will keep wearing those because they're red and i love them. i get my purses (coach, and i own several of those in different colors) from outlets, although the two best ones i have were from hubby for xmas and b-day purchased frok regular stores so they're my best ones. my shoes, well, that's another sad thing for me, i have to have lots of shoes, always on sale but my last purchase was from nordstroms my first dolce and gabbana but even those were bought at 65 per cent off. still wayyy more that i have ever spent but loved them since i saw them in 08 runway. i don't shop wal mart or target for clothes

Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,908,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Anthropolgie! I lovvvve that place.
Very cute stuff, but I can buy 2-3 tops and 2-3 jeans elsewhere for the price of Anthropolgie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products