U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 PM

502 posts, read 2,161,038 times

Advertisements

Okay Ladies, I would like to know if you know a good website to buy knock off designer bags and glasses. I am tired of paying $300.00 for a pair of glasses. I can't afford that but I'm cursed with good taste. I have champagne taste on tap water budget!

Also please tell me of any good discount shoes, clothing, or accessories websites. I know about zappos but I'm wondering if there is something else better.

For kids clothes, I found a website, http://www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com/cart/index.php (broken link) Not Polo but they have some cute stuff)=. Some stuff is good others not so good.

For hair products I shop at www.just4hair.com. Just4hair.com has all the name brands at excellent prices. For cosmetics, www.gloss.com. Gloss.com doesn't have great discounts but they always have free shipping discount codes and they give away good samples.

Any info you pass along will sure be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Guys, if you feel left out, you can tell us where you shop too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,693,450 times
Too bad your not in my part of the world. I could tell you all of the warehouse sales to hit for ladies clothes. I love finding these places and buying at GREAT prices and then someone sees me in it thinking I shop at all the fancy boutiques. LOL!! Living in Dallas there is so much available, everyone here wants it on sale or at a discount. I don't know about online for sunglasses and stuff but recently one of our news stations did a story on some company that deals in designer handbags. You RENT them. I checked on it and it was all legit and looked REALLY nice. I'll see if I can find it or you might google the words. I would LOVE to find a ladies shoe warehouse sale that sells CURRENT shoes not overruns and left overs from years ago. That is why I live the warehouses for clothes, it is all current items that are on the racks in the stores. We also have the Design District in Dallas and there are people that go down to the places like Ralph Lauren - Polo and get the samples and then go set up sales in country clubs and such. They let them do this, the Ralph Lauren people that is.

Has anyone checked out that overstock.com place? They advertise alot.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:43 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,944,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Okay Ladies, I would like to know if you know a good website to buy knock off designer bags and glasses. I am tired of paying $300.00 for a pair of glasses. I can't afford that but I'm cursed with good taste. I have champagne taste on tap water budget!

Also please tell me of any good discount shoes, clothing, or accessories websites. I know about zappos but I'm wondering if there is something else better.

For kids clothes, I found a website, http://www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com/cart/index.php (broken link) Not Polo but they have some cute stuff)=. Some stuff is good others not so good.

For hair products I shop at www.just4hair.com. Just4hair.com has all the name brands at excellent prices. For cosmetics, www.gloss.com. Gloss.com doesn't have great discounts but they always have free shipping discount codes and they give away good samples.

Any info you pass along will sure be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Guys, if you feel left out, you can tell us where you shop too.

Good thread I'll be taking notes.

I shop Ross for Less, and Burlington Coat Factory for discounted designer clothes.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:46 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,393,688 times
Overstock.com, in my humble opinion, is the most overrated thing. I have yet to see a bargain on that website. I actually saw a set of plain beige sheets for $250. Come on, they are sheets. If they were the type of sheets that make the bed for you I could understand.

Isabella, I wish I could help you with this one. I have one plain black leather bag that I have had for years. It looks exactly like the one I had before. I bought it at a flea market for $8. I have had the same pair of sunglasses for 7 years.

It has been a few years since I needed to buy clothes on a regular basis. I learned that my shape does not lend itself well to mail order. Nothing ever fit, and I ended up returning every single item.

These days I like to shop at Goodwill. You can find some amazing things, sometimes they still have the tags on them.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:47 PM

183 posts, read 1,184,781 times
my kids shop at the mall therefore I can only afford to shop at Target!

Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,200,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4 View Post
my kids shop at the mall therefore I can only afford to shop at Target!
Actually, Target has some pretty good stuff, (so much so, that my daughter, who is overseas with her Air Force husband, puts in frequent requests for "anything from Target", still in the bag! ). Much better than Wal-Mart, where I don't buy clothes. I also buy clothes at Academy Sports. Nice casual stuff there, not too pricey. Old Navy has some good stuff also. I did buy a nice pantsuit at the mall last year, for my son's graduation, but, I'm generally very casual. Give me a pair of jeans and a nice shirt, and I'm happy.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:13 PM

421 posts, read 368,620 times
Default stores

Thrift shops.....LOL

Have you paid your taxes......??

12 million illegal aliens are depending on you

Old 09-21-2006, 04:59 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,150,837 times
try ebay, you can get some good deals on stuff.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:30 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,693,450 times
http://frombagstoriches.com/productcart/pc/index.asp (broken link)

This is one of the places that rents designer handbags. If anyone has tried this or does decide to - PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKED OUT.

Also, another way to save money on some "designer" items is to buy directly from them. Like Oakley. If you like Oakley sunglasses buy them at an Oakley store instead of a shop that sells everything else. They will repair and replace sometimes for free or a very small fee. While the item may cost more upfront the savings in the long run with the repairs and exchange policies are HUGE savings. Same w/ Dooney & Bourke, Coach, Brighton, etc. Buy them at a store exclusive to them (except D&B does not have to be) and you can get a lot more for your money w/ their great customer service.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:48 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,511,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
try ebay, you can get some good deals on stuff.
ditto.....I've found great deals on there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products