U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2012, 03:23 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,867,495 times
Reputation: 1458

Advertisements

What brands of electrolysis pen removal system are considered to be really good? I really don't know much about any of the brands out there other than what purpose that they serve. I am considering them to an alternative to laser hair removal though. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,867,495 times
Reputation: 1458
After almost a year and no input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 PM
 
15,240 posts, read 20,189,343 times
Reputation: 21636
That's probably because there arent any "really good" pens. I've tried all of them and none were worth the $$$ I paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,867,495 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
That's probably because there arent any "really good" pens. I've tried all of them and none were worth the $$$ I paid.
So you've tried these?

Amazon.com: Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X - Blush: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: BellaLite By Silk'n: Professional Hair Removal At Home: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Silk'n SN-008 Flash&Go All-Over Hair Removal Handheld Device.: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Silk'n SN-002 SensEpil All-Over Hair Removal Handheld Device: Health & Personal Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM
 
15,240 posts, read 20,189,343 times
Reputation: 21636
Actually, yes, I have bought all of those -- and none worked for me. I've spent thousands of $$$ on home-use products. I've also paid for professional laser treatments, which didnt work well enough to offset the pain of treatments after the third one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
 
2,161 posts, read 3,518,141 times
Reputation: 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Actually, yes, I have bought all of those -- and none worked for me. I've spent thousands of $$$ on home-use products. I've also paid for professional laser treatments, which didnt work well enough to offset the pain of treatments after the third one.

I couldn't follow that last sentence. Third one of which?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 PM
 
15,240 posts, read 20,189,343 times
Reputation: 21636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I couldn't follow that last sentence. Third one of which?

Professional laser treatment. I bought a package of 5 laser treatments. The first one didnt hurt much -- the second one hurt more and the third one hurt so bad that I didnt go back for the last two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2013, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,867,495 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Professional laser treatment. I bought a package of 5 laser treatments. The first one didnt hurt much -- the second one hurt more and the third one hurt so bad that I didnt go back for the last two.
Did you happen to get a Dermatologists opinion on the matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 01:01 PM
 
15,240 posts, read 20,189,343 times
Reputation: 21636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Did you happen to get a Dermatologists opinion on the matter?

I asked the doctor who was applying the laser treatments why the first one didnt hurt much but the second and third ones hurt so badly. He didnt know. I think (although I'm not sure) I've read that others have had the same experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,104,801 times
Reputation: 18083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
What brands of electrolysis pen removal system are considered to be really good? I really don't know much about any of the brands out there other than what purpose that they serve. I am considering them to an alternative to laser hair removal though. Thanks.
My wife looked into all she could on internet. She said she concluded that done really worked well besides speaking to people who used many at beauty shop. Do searches o your own for reviews and make up your mind if you want to try them. Remember tho many sellers also post when you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top