Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,303,836 times

Advertisements

Kind of ticks me off a bit because I pay for the whole bar of soap yet it quits sudsing after about 3/4 used up. They have always done that. I hate to through whats left of the bar away but what else can I do. What do you do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,158,522 times
LOL!

Switch to body wash. Of course, when you get down to the last few drops of body wash, you have to smack on the bottom while bottle is upside down, and squeeze and squeeze till the bottle is making that farting sound just to get the last few drops out ....

Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Squeeze the bar hard, that's what I do...

Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
Kind of ticks me off a bit because I pay for the whole bar of soap yet it quits sudsing after about 3/4 used up. They have always done that. I hate to through whats left of the bar away but what else can I do. What do you do with it?
? I've never had that problem. What brand of soap?

FWIW, soap just out of the box still has a fair amount of moisture in it. Leave the bar out for a couple weeks and it may last longer rather than turning into a puddle of goo.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
This only happens if the soap bar has long exposure to water... Like if you let the soap bar be directly in water. Soap is effective because it has two major properties. It links to oil molecules and is soluble in water. This allows water to strip oil (and dirt that is dissolved in oils) off your skin.

A soap bar consists of soap (detergent), moisturizer, and carrying agents. If you let the soap bar absorb water, the soap (detergent) will dissolve in the water and be washed out, leaving the moisturizer and carrying agent. This is when you have soap that no longer suds.

Keep the soap bar out of water as much as possible. When applying soap to your washcloth, wet the washcloth, not the soap. When applying the soap to your body, wet your body, not the soap.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times
Ok, this is what a roomate of mine did---put the slivers of half-used soap in an old sock, hang in the closet as a scent thingie!

Then, when it no longer had any scent, she would use it in the shower as a soap thingie.

But she would blow about $1000/month on long-distance calls to her boyfriend (back in the day, LD cost/min)

Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This only happens if the soap bar has long exposure to water... Like if you let the soap bar be directly in water. Soap is effective because it has two major properties. It links to oil molecules and is soluble in water. This allows water to strip oil (and dirt that is dissolved in oils) off your skin.

A soap bar consists of soap (detergent), moisturizer, and carrying agents. If you let the soap bar absorb water, the soap (detergent) will dissolve in the water and be washed out, leaving the moisturizer and carrying agent. This is when you have soap that no longer suds.

Keep the soap bar out of water as much as possible. When applying soap to your washcloth, wet the washcloth, not the soap. When applying the soap to your body, wet your body, not the soap.
Do like my son, he showers with diluted Dawn dishwashing liquid. Hey, its the only thing that works for him, otherwise he STINKS!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Soap bars tend to dryout as they are exposed to air like mnay oither things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products