U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM

1,610 posts, read 4,428,846 times

Advertisements

I am just about ready to replace our regular mattress set (with a tempurpedic topper) and can't seem to decide what to replace it WITH. I also can't decide if the current tempurpedic topper has really made any difference and whether a full-blown mattress of that stuff would be any different or better. Will you please share your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 07:07 PM

218 posts, read 1,019,174 times
I have a Sleep Number bed and love it. I used to wake up with numbness in my hands and fingers, but no more. One day I realized I wasn't waking up all achy either. My husband wasn't that convinced until we went on vacation. We stayed in a very nice resort with brand new beds that were pretty comfortable. After our first night back we both said the same thing, what a huge difference!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 AM

5 posts, read 28,192 times
I have heard good and bad with sleep number and tempur. I personally sell the toppers too. If you have added the topper, 9 times out of 10 I have found that you really need a new mattress. I would recommend that you take a long time in testing out this investment. I have been sleeping on Dormia mattress for about 3 years and love it. That is all I sell in my store. I have a bad back and a bad shoulder and the Ultimate has latex as well as memory foam the perfect combo for me. Matt is a little expensive but not much can go wrong with a foam mattress and it comes with a 25 yr warranty. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck

Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM

321 posts, read 952,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furnitureguy View Post
I have been sleeping on Dormia mattress for about 3 years and love it.

I have a Dormia and HATE IT. It's too hot, the foam remains compressed over time, and my back still hurts. It was only comfortable to me for 6 months, and then I knew that my money had been wasted. I'm searching for my next one.....and it won't be a foam bed.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:28 PM

786 posts, read 3,547,383 times
My sister stayed at a place with Sleep Number bed and she said she felt like she was sleeping on a cheap air mattress. We have a tempur-pedic (about 3 years now) and love it. I feel like it is the best thing I have ever bought.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,124,260 times
We had a Simmons Beauty Rest and at the end of the 1st year it was so saggy we had to change it. Two months ago we bought a Sealy PosturePedic and the 1st week we weren't able to sleep because it was so hard. The store asked us the 25% of the price as "restocking fee" and we didn't have that amount at the time so we're stuck for a while. Ironically, it's already becoming saggy!

The sad part is we are not extremely tall, obese, etc. for this to happen. Very frustrating.

We are thinking of a water bed next time. No money for those Sleep Number Beds and I've read other users here having problems with those less than 5 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Oh - and also - they are no longer "flippable" - you get ONE side - and when that gives out you are done
Yeap, this makes me angry too.

Last edited by DFWgal; 09-03-2009 at 02:27 PM..

Old 09-03-2009, 05:59 PM

5,893 posts, read 11,519,736 times
If I had the money, I'd buy a Sleep Number bed in a heartbeat. I loved the one I slept on while staying at a friend's house a couple of times.

I have a Tempurpedic pillow. I can't sleep on it for a whole night, but it does help my neck. I'm just not sure if I could stand a whole mattress of that stuff. I'd like to try one out somewhere for a few nights before I could even consider it.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,317 times
Tempurpedict -v- sleep number? Tempurpedics are a foam mattress what you buy is what you get as far as firmness goes. The sleep number can be adjusted for firmness or softness according to your needs when sleeping. Want softer. select it, Want firmer select it. Can't do this with a tempurpedic. You can add foam toppers to the sleep number if you desire. For my money I would rather go with the bed that will adjust to my needs at the time, Sleep number.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 PM

2,157 posts, read 2,745,742 times
My wife and I hate our top of the line Sleep Number with a passion but it cost us so much money, we are just going to have to sleep on it until it the 2nd coming of Christ. We should have return it when we had the chance but we decided to ride or should I say sleep it out. Huge mistake.

The stupid number deflates constantly during the night. We have replace the air pump countless times and still have this same issues. The bed will be set at 90 and be at 55 the next day. We thought the air mattress might have leaks and causing the air to flow out. We replace it several times. Still same issue.

Lets not even go to the foam topper. Sleep Number use very, very cheap foams and the foam topper starts sagging after 2 years. I weigh 160 lbs and my wife is 105 lbs. Guess what? The foam topper is not under any warranties. You'll have to pay it out of pocket $600. That is a lot of money since this bed costs an arm and a leg in the first place and now it requires me to pay $600 every 2 years? Screw that!

My Sleep number is all over the place. The numbers WILL NOT STAY PUT. 90 tonight, 50 at 6 AM tomorrow. We've tried everything to make this piece of garbage to work, pretty much replaced almost all the inner parts and still have the same issue. Stay Away!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 AM

6,003 posts, read 4,395,670 times
We have a tempurpedic cloud, and I can't say enough good about it. We tried the regular tempurpedic and found it too firm, but the cloud is perfect! It is like laying on a cloud. We've had ours 2years now, and haven't turned it. Still as good as the day we got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products