U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 PM

4,270 posts, read 14,069,841 times

Advertisements

actually, their breafast is YUMMY ... and cheap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 06:24 AM

3,589 posts, read 3,242,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
haha ... actually, I think it just depends on the person. For every furniture we've bought, DH has always assembled them with ease. Me on the other hand, I give up before even starting. It really depends if the individual has a knack for these kinds of things. I surly do not!
I do have a knack for it; I have assembled many pieces of Ikea furniture on my own without any problems. The dresser was the most complicated assembly I've ever seen from them, and it would have been difficult to assemble with only one person; it was clearly a two-person job. Don't diss.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:09 AM

Hmm, I don't know how you could've misconstrued my statement as "dissing" but ok. I do agree that there are two person type assemblies. That's usually when you ask help from a buddy, "Hey, hold on to this while I screw in this nail."

Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,242,528 times
Quote:
Hmm, I don't know how you could've misconstrued my statement as "dissing" but ok. I do agree that there are two person type assemblies. That's usually when you ask help from a buddy, "Hey, hold on to this while I screw in this nail."
My BF and I put it together, and it took a couple of hours. There is no need for you to be so condescending.

The ability to put together cheap Ikea furniture is not a skill I value highly. Crate & Barrel furniture is of a far superior quality, and MUCH easier to assemble.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:54 PM

OMG, now I am being accused of being condescending?! Okay, for the record, I did not intend to "diss" nor did I intend to "condescend". I was trying to AGREE with you! I do sincerely apologize that you think I was doing either of these things. At the risk of sounding condescending and/or dissing, I do have to agree with you again, C&B does have better quality stuff. It is also more expensive. I will leave it at that and hope that my comment is not once again misconstrued.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,214,670 times
Quote:
OMG, now I am being accused of being condescending?! Okay, for the record, I did not intend to "diss" nor did I intend to "condescend". I was trying to AGREE with you! I do sincerely apologize that you think I was doing either of these things. At the risk of sounding condescending and/or dissing, I do have to agree with you again, C&B does have better quality stuff. It is also more expensive. I will leave it at that and hope that my comment is not once again misconstrued.
Gasp! How dare you say that C&B has better quality stuff! Why I oughtta....

LOL Im just kidding ya! I was reading through the previous posts and I wanted to get on your case about something.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:36 PM

oh dear, i should just stop posting!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 PM

88 posts, read 309,691 times
Default IKea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
Do you have one in your city? Opinions?

yes there is one neaR the Jersey Garden Mall in Elizabeth NJ I LOVE I K E A

Old 11-29-2007, 07:51 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,057,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I did notice that furniture overall in Europe was of a lower quality than furniture in the USA, though. Maybe Ikea's poor quality is just less noticeable there.
Hmm - would be very interesting to know where you've been in Europe and on what kind of experiences your statement is based.

When I think of Danish, Italian, German or French furniture - produced in the respective countries, not in China -, I only see very well manufactured stuff, very durable and mostly very expensive.

I personally like IKEA. We have two of them in Munich and the only bad thing I can say about them is that they are always crowded and it's hard to find a parking space after 9 a.m. We've had two IKEA kitchens which were very good for the price. We also still have wardrobe cabinets and moved twice with them. Two cheap LACK sidetables still sit next to very expensive leather sofas. IKEA's household stuff is addictive, imo, as is the Marabu chocolate.

But I have to say that I would not buy a sofa there or a bed - those are items that should have the highest quality you can afford.

I'm glad a new IKEA opened in Orlando, so when we redo our house in NE FL (and probably buy our third IKEA kitchen) we at least don't have to drive to Atlanta.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 AM

1,636 posts, read 213,057 times
yes we have IKEA close to my country ( in Austria )...go there often

I like IKEA toooo....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products