U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM

17,481 posts, read 18,634,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
[i]

Orange julius-I never did figure out, Exactly what they sold there. I am serious.
Orange Julius is still around. They did scale back and some of them are located in Dairy Queens. Here is a store locator.

Store Locator - Orange Julius

I would liken a Orange Julius drink as a orange smoothie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM

17,481 posts, read 18,634,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

These were defunct but there are now two (possible three), in Santa Clarita and Mission Viejo

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour commercial - YouTube
Charles, there are now 6 Farrell's in So CA + 2 in HI. They just opened their latest and biggest in Riverside.

Oh, and several members of my family worked for Alpha Beta.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,409,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Orange Julius is still around. They did scale back and some of them are located in Dairy Queens. Here is a store locator.

Store Locator - Orange Julius

I would liken a Orange Julius drink as a orange smoothie.
Thank you, I worked in a mall for years and walked by it numerous times and it was always crowded. Got to try it someday if I run into one.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM

10,712 posts, read 19,040,812 times
Is Spencer Gifts still around? (btw, thanks to previous poster for The Wild Pair, that's the shoe store I forgot the name of) - and D. Scott - in an outlet mall near me the directory lists Orange Julius!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM

271 posts, read 460,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Is Spencer Gifts still around? (btw, thanks to previous poster for The Wild Pair, that's the shoe store I forgot the name of) - and D. Scott - in an outlet mall near me the directory lists Orange Julius!
Yes, there is a Spencer's in the mall by me. And a Wild Pair also!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,011,892 times
Hi all--

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned KB Toys.

I used to love going there as a kid.

Well, until Bain Capital bankrupted them.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Sherri View Post
Yes, there is a Spencer's in the mall by me. And a Wild Pair also!
There is a new Spencer's by me as well! Still the same, With the blacklights, Strobe lights and other cheesy things though they have a section that is more "adult" oriented also. I don't recall seeing that years ago there.

Is Roy Roger's still around? I used to love Roy's and their "fixin's bar" with the dried out pickles LOL.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM

271 posts, read 460,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
There is a new Spencer's by me as well! Still the same, With the blacklights, Strobe lights and other cheesy things though they have a section that is more "adult" oriented also. I don't recall seeing that years ago there.

Is Roy Roger's still around? I used to love Roy's and their "fixin's bar" with the dried out pickles LOL.
In NJ there are some Roy Rodger's at some turnpike rest stops, but these are the only ones I have seen. They also have Arthur Treacher's, and I haven't seen them anywhere else for a long time.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Sherri View Post
In NJ there are some Roy Rodger's at some turnpike rest stops, but these are the only ones I have seen. They also have Arthur Treacher's, and I haven't seen them anywhere else for a long time.
Arthur Treacher's fish and chips!! Wow, Have not thought about that one in years. This brings back many good memories. I used to get something on a stick from there, Something delicious and unhealthy but cannot remember what it was.

How about Beefsteak Charlies? I recall ribs being a specialty there.

Also Sizzler was good, Not sure if they are still around. The corn fritters rocked.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,558,585 times
Funcoland and Babbage, their trade in rates were a lot better than Gamestops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products