U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:12 AM

3,589 posts, read 3,243,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
That's one reason I stopped shopping at circuit city. Others being mail-in rebates, annoying workers, high prices, and just plane idiotic atmosphere.

I would say that KBtoys when it was around here had an annoying return policy. You had to have your drivers license and you could only return so many items a month. It's like wow... No wonder they went out of business around here.
No joke. Circuit City is much closer to me than Best Buy or Conn's or Fry's, but I'll be taking my business elsewhere from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 AM

392 posts, read 1,722,494 times
I've had problems with Best Buy.
Another vote for Zappos being the best!
Way, way back I worked at KMart in women's RTW. We took back anything and everything. People would bring back clothes their kids must have worn for a year, completely worn out and ripped up. Some people actually brought in things that were obviously hand made and we gave them $$. I don't know if the other departments were that liberal but it was ridiculous. I know they don't do it anymore, who could afford to?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock66 View Post
I've had problems with Best Buy.
Another vote for Zappos being the best!
Way, way back I worked at KMart in women's RTW. We took back anything and everything. People would bring back clothes their kids must have worn for a year, completely worn out and ripped up. Some people actually brought in things that were obviously hand made and we gave them $$. I don't know if the other departments were that liberal but it was ridiculous. I know they don't do it anymore, who could afford to?
I bought a carpet spot scrubber at Best Buy recently and it didn't work, so I took it back. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever getting a refund.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 PM

8,265 posts, read 18,719,452 times
And, Circuit City has a 15% "restocking fee" or something that they take off any item that is returned if it is electronic. ( for them putting the item back into its box).

Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,644,228 times
Wal-Mart has one of the most lax return policies ever!

You don't need a receipt. You can have the item for however long, but if they still sell it, you can return it.

If you have the receipt, you can get cash if originally paid through debit or cash. If it was credit, it goes back to the card. If it was check, then it's a long process - best to say no receipt for that one!

If you don't have the receipt, they give you a gift card - which could re-buy the product... or get something else entirely!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 AM

522 posts, read 1,488,659 times
Default Repulsed

I am skeeved out thinking that I am buying brand new clothes when in reality someone has worn them, sweated in them and decided...nope these pants aren't for me and returns them.. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! Thanks for providing a list of stores that takes back worn clothes because I can surely guarantee those stores will never get my business.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM

20 posts, read 57,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I bet you money I could take back a pair of used underwear to Wal-Mart.
Not at my Wal Mart. We had a woman come in a week ago and try to return used kids shirts and used bras. Needless to say she didn't walk out very happy.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:18 PM

8,265 posts, read 18,719,452 times
well, that's good to hear.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganMustangGT View Post
Not at my Wal Mart. We had a woman come in a week ago and try to return used kids shirts and used bras. Needless to say she didn't walk out very happy.
At the Walmart I used to work at.. we had a woman return a dress after 7 years of wearing. I didn't approve the transaction. Best part, she said it no longer fit is the reason she was returning it. It was a woman's size 38.

Many times, customer service will take back anything that has a UPC - no matter the condition. They deal with so many people, they just want to appease the customer. It's a lot easier to return an item that shouldn't be.. than to fight tooth and nail over everything.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganMustangGT View Post
Oh yikes! Glad Wal-Mart didn't take back the merchandise. Trying a top or bra on is one thing...trying to return skanky worn clothes is another!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products