U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 AM

14,411 posts, read 24,433,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman14 View Post
Target is terrible!!! Always buy gifts at wal mart if both places have the same item.
Agreed. We returned the toaster THREE times before finding one that actually worked. Then, they would not allow us to make amy more returns.

We haven't bought anything else to worry about returning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 08:41 AM

125 posts, read 219,085 times
Target is the worst.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:30 PM

12,713 posts, read 28,535,460 times
Costco is the best. I had a pair of travel coffee mugs that I bought two years ago. The top flipper came undone on one of the mugs and could not be fixed. I took both mugs back to Costco without a receipt, having used the mugs countless times. The very pleasant cashier looked up my purchases and found it about two years prior and gave me a 100% credit back. This past Christmas I bought and returned some star wars dueling light sabers. I again couldn't find my receipt and the cashier asked when I got them. I said around Thanksgiving. She scanned them and said, "huh, I think the price went down since you bought them. Let me check." She took another few minutes until she found proof of my actual purchase, which WAS $10 more and credited the entire amount to my card. Not only is the policy one that makes me go back again and again, but the people that do the returns actually act like they enjoy refunding you your money!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 AM

24,314 posts, read 33,557,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Costco is the best. I had a pair of travel coffee mugs that I bought two years ago. The top flipper came undone on one of the mugs and could not be fixed. I took both mugs back to Costco without a receipt, having used the mugs countless times. The very pleasant cashier looked up my purchases and found it about two years prior and gave me a 100% credit back. This past Christmas I bought and returned some star wars dueling light sabers. I again couldn't find my receipt and the cashier asked when I got them. I said around Thanksgiving. She scanned them and said, "huh, I think the price went down since you bought them. Let me check." She took another few minutes until she found proof of my actual purchase, which WAS $10 more and credited the entire amount to my card. Not only is the policy one that makes me go back again and again, but the people that do the returns actually act like they enjoy refunding you your money!
That is pretty impressive. I guess they are used to people bringing things back because everything these days is cheap Chinese crap. That is not a slur against Costco, that is just reality everywhere.

I have never been to Costco but I keep hearing nothing but good things about it, maybe I should check it out!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:51 AM

8,264 posts, read 18,715,719 times
Absolutely agree about Costco. I have only the nicest things to say about that store. Once here in Santa Cruz, there was a huge traffic jam and we all were trapped in their parking lot for hours. The employees passed out water bottles and cookies.

They are supposedly a great place to work for also.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-31-2010, 02:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 7,522,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Why do you want stores to have a lenient return policy?

I don't want stores to get ripped off and then absorb the cost thru higher prices !
I absolutely agree with this - we all end up paying for this behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products