Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,251,434 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what to do here. A part is missing from something I ordered on Amazon (the air control for a propane burner - it apparently just fell out of the box, which our local FedEx guy said he had to retape due to poor packaging). I filled out the "packaging/delivery feedback" form, detailing the problem but got no response. The only other option I see on Amazon's site is the return/exchange form. I'm not sending this thing back to them from Alaska just because one little part is missing. The manufacturer of the item says on their website to contact the retailer in case of any order related problems. Does anyone know of a way to talk to a real live person at Amazon? They sell the part I'm missing, and I may break down and buy it, but since I've already paid for it I'd much rather just have it replaced. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by tigre79; 06-02-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 03:29 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,157,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what to do here. A part is missing from something I ordered on Amazon (the air control for a propane burner - it apparently just fell out of the box, which our local FedEx guy said he had to retape due to poor packaging). I filled out the "packaging/delivery feedback" form, detailing the problem but got no response. The only other option I see on Amazon's site is the return/exchange form. I'm not sending this thing back to them from Alaska just because one little part is missing. The manufacturer of the item says on their website to contact the retailer in case of any order related problems. Does anyone know of a way to talk to a real live person at Amazon? They sell the part I'm missing, and I may break down and buy it, but since I've already paid for it I'd much rather just have it replaced. Anyone have any ideas?
If you go to the Help option on Amazon you'll find a chat or phone option. You can chat with them or call a service rep. I've had no problem with missing or defective things and when a pickup was missed they just rescheduled. When you see the options in white part at the bottom, click help and there will be a place on the side asking if you wish to contact them. It gives options on the chat or voice and the number is there.

I usually use chat but they will send an email to you either way verifying you contacted them.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,573,053 times
Near the bottom of the "Your Account " page under the heading "Let us Help You" click "Help". Next page will have a box that says "Need More Help?". Click "Contact Us" and the next page will give you the three steps to phone them.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,278,431 times
tigre79, Amazon customer service is awesome -- but the packing/shipping dept is terrible. They overload boxes and use only one piece of paper tape on every box, no matter how large or heavy. I cant tell you how many Amazon packages have had to be re-taped by UPS and FedEx.

My personal experience is that email complaints/inquiries about poor packaging are NEVER acknowledged.

That said, I agree with those who've recommended that you contact the regular customer service dept. Your problem will be resolved promptly. Amazon should conduct seminars to other companies on how to build an awesome customer service dept.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,396,262 times
Agree. I am both a buyer and seller on Amazon, and their CS is exceptional.

That "packaging/delivery feedback" form is just for internal information/training/procedure. You won't get a response from that.

Call them - they will make it right.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,251,434 times
Thanks everyone! I don't know how I missed their contact button. I've emailed with them and (despite a misunderstanding or two) we've sorted it out and gotten a replacement to me.

And +1 about their packaging/shipping being absolutely nuts. I always tell them to ship entire orders together and they're always sending multiple packages per order. The worst I've seen so far though, was recently at work when we ordered ten 5-gallon buckets...and got ten different boxes containing one bucket each. All sent free through FedEx, which is very expensive up here.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
Where you selects tell the take its not together. Its as few packages as possible. That means some not possible and others come from different warehouses. Their shipping has gotten slow and I know they will ship to customer who paid shipping even if it means yousr have to be backordered with free shipping. No notice of backorder.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,952,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post

The instructions are very clear on your order page at amazon under the "available actions" button.

There is also a "chat now" feature or go to help, customer service and call the 800 number listed.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
Let me relate my story. I have ordered numerous items from amazon. I recent ordered a monitor and a keyboard with super saver shipping. Both listed as in stock. Several hours later talked to a friend who had talked about a monitor so told him. He order one like 8 hours later using his mother amazon prime to get faster shipping. That was the 10Th. On 12 I got the keyboard. Friend called to say he got his monitor. On 13th no change on monitor still being processed. No e-mail of any problem but noticed the delivery estimate had change by a week.I sent a e-mail enquiry to them ask about the problem. Got a e-mail saying they were sorry for the problem and were upgrading the shipping to next day free of charge .Checked invoice. Yep; it had been change to next day but I had also been charged 40+ dollars in shipping. Called and explained; no problem would correct. Not corrected. Second call; would correct; checked later not corrected. Then got e-mail asking if problem had been solved. Said click here if yes then click here if not. The e-mail was in plain text and no real link to click. Two e-mails; two calls calmly said the problem; calmly said saw the problem and would correct; still not corrected. So I will deal with the credit card company if over charged and its still not shipped and has been in shipping for three days now. Their customer service is nice but clueless: IMO. First and last time to deal with Amazon customer service; I don't have time for this foolishness. Oh and its not located here just by the accents but understandable still.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM

22 posts, read 77,244 times
Just contact Amazon...they have awesome customer service. They'll fix the problem. We had an order not show up once and they credited our account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products