U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 AM

5,413 posts, read 13,141,887 times

Advertisements

Big malls are ok but I like the ones like Northpark in Dallas, or the Galleria in Houston. I hate all the Mills malls. Tacky and not much discounting imo. But for my favorite shopping experience I like big city downtowns the best for shopping. Downtowns like San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago and midtown Manhattan. They're outdoors, they have the best stores and no tacky food courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 PM

8,264 posts, read 18,715,719 times
Personally, I LOVE the big Malls

Then again, I LOVE to shop
!

Me, too. I am embarrassed at how delighted I get when I discover a new place to shop. Not that I buy so much, it is just the whole ambiance, I guess.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:55 PM

6,046 posts, read 21,860,537 times
I love going to the mall. I've never seen one that was too big.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM

5,284 posts, read 18,139,194 times
I dislike malls and only go there when I have no other choice. I avoid them 99% of the time.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:02 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,248,099 times
The only mall I really love is in Scottsdale, Az. and it's the Fashion Square Mall. All kinds of stores for everyone. I do like the mall, but I only shop there about 2 times a year, these days. Because everything is way, way expensive now.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:28 PM

8,264 posts, read 18,715,719 times
Is there a reason why you're moving from Prescott ? I am asking because I have heard so many nice things about it as a retirement place.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-30-2008, 05:42 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,644,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post

What do you think of the big Regional Malls selection of stores?
The selection is mainly geared towards women and teenagers. Not much else, therefore I rarely visit the mall. However there is a big mall that just added a Dick's Sporting Goods, I like that. It's almost like Heaven and even has escalators leading to a 2nd level.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:08 PM

12,627 posts, read 32,235,253 times
Most stores I have a hard time in Mall without handicap doors OR like my local mall it only has 1 door way on the other end of the mall!!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 AM

4,838 posts, read 11,029,465 times
I'm still a teenager, and I love hanging out at the arcade and food court at the mall with friends. I think regional open-air malls are great for teens since you get the sunlight, gardens, big fountains, and beautiful architect and better stores. Indoor malls are still nice in that their big, and have more to do.

I think malls now-a-days are tourist attractions, for teenagers, and for 20-30s girls, and then for families with lower-income. And, then for some people after work it's a good rest place from traffic.

My area might be getting a Macy's and Target mall with all the stuff I like. Since our nearest mall is now run-down with gang bangers, and the mall looks old and unattractive. Thankfully it has a theater, 2 arcades, a big food court, laser tag, and cool shops that keep customers coming. And they re-did the mall to make it look nicer and they have also amped up security, but the mall is still old and there is still gang activity.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:40 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,248,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Is there a reason why you're moving from Prescott ? I am asking because I have heard so many nice things about it as a retirement place.
Yeah, basically it's for older folks (hence that it is a retirement place) and for people who are into the cowboy/cowgirl life too. That's just not me. I don't fit in. Too many people passed rumors/gossip about me here (just because I don't dress like them). And it's just a little too small of a town for me too (even though it's growing, but not the kind of businesses that I'm interested). Just the way I feel about here.

I'm originally from the southeast (Texas, near Galveston) and I miss being near the water (beaches and lakes). I hate driving for more than 2 hours just to go to the lake or the beach. It's too dry for me here.

These are my reasons. If that bothered you, okay, that's you then. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products