U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 11:14 AM

5,644 posts, read 5,089,346 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I did my weekly grocery shopping and some idiot behind me started loading their groceries on the conveyer belt as I was loading mine. I had a full cart and I soon ran out of room. As the cashier started the belt forward, his groceries came, too. I tried pushing them back to continue loading my groceries, but it was such an unnecessary hassle. I had to keep pushing them back to make room for my items and when I got home and unpacked my groceries, realized his bag of cashews had ended up in my stuff and I paid for it. I don't eat cashews and no one in the household does, either, so I'll have to make another trip just to return them.

It isn't the first time this has happened, either. Usually it goes along with the person behind me rushing up to the cash register and breathing down my neck as I swipe my debit card. It irritates me beyond belief.

I load my groceries quickly, get my debit card out before the final item is run up, so it's not like I am some slow-poke holding up the show. What is up with these impatient people and how best to handle this?? If anyone actually does this I'd love to know what their reasoning behind it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 12:52 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,274,449 times
I don't know why some people do that.
It actually slows things up because you have to keep moving their stuff back, I have found more and more the cashier will give them an evil eye and keep moving their stuff back.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:00 PM

14,445 posts, read 21,266,641 times
Tell the guy to wait until you're done unloading. I'd turn around and give him a death look personally

Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 PM

20,509 posts, read 38,429,282 times
I agree, just turn around and tell him the obvious - that you are still unloading and there is not room on the conveyor belt for your items and his as well, and to please stop unloading until you are completely finished unloading.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 PM

17,013 posts, read 27,381,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Tell the guy to wait until you're done unloading. I'd turn around and give him a death look personally
Hahaha! My answer was going to be two words: DEATH RAYS!

Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 PM

7,672 posts, read 10,188,523 times
I am lucky that the stores I go to unload for you and I don't have to deal with that. But when I did have to unload my own cart, I tend to pull in my cart so that I can unload from the "front" of the cart onto the belt thus blocking the person behind me from loading up. That make sense? So next time you are in line at the cashier, go in first and pull the cart behind you (most times you can't do it mid line as it's too narrow)

Old 07-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Status: "listen to the girl as she takes on half the world" (set 1 day ago)

13,572 posts, read 22,302,800 times
^^^ my thoughts exactly. I always step in front of my cart and begin to load the conveyor with what is in the front of the cart, and then in the child seat area. Ain't no one getting around my cart to interfere with my purchase. When I'm finished unloading, I place the bar thingy, and then reach for my cart and push it in front of me.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:44 PM

912 posts, read 877,251 times
the trick to this is, stand far back on the conveyor belt so the guy behind you can't move forward. and you keep loading from the back , and he can't move forward until you are done...

Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM

5,037 posts, read 7,895,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
^^^ my thoughts exactly. I always step in front of my cart and begin to load the conveyor with what is in the front of the cart, and then in the child seat area. Ain't no one getting around my cart to interfere with my purchase. When I'm finished unloading, I place the bar thingy, and then reach for my cart and push it in front of me.
That's exactly the way I do it, too.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM

18,914 posts, read 11,922,527 times
Sometimes you just have to confront people who are doing dumb things. I would have said "I'm sorry, would you mind waiting until I get all my things on the conveyor ? They are getting all mixed with mine." We hate to do those things, but there are people in life who simply need to be told stuff like that. You will find that once you do it you will feel better about yourself and not go home angry that it happened.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products