U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:02 AM

2,658 posts, read 10,570,905 times

Advertisements

I entered one just for curiosity. It is a big waste of time. The time spent entering your codes is not worth the 'savings' or 'incentives'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 895 times
Im having problem with entering codes. Its saying that they do not reconize my e- mail address when earlier today i entered codes! Whats up with this ? I would appreciate it if this problem is taken care of! Thank you!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 796 times
I have 10 and 20 points from 12-24 packages of coke.I have entered the codes (which are very clear to read,but for some reason mycokerewards can not accept the codes.Where to I send them to or who do I write. About 50-60 points that I cant get credit for. My grandkids and I do enjoy the rewards program, but can not enter all of our points.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 AM

43,858 posts, read 45,065,233 times
I don't drink enough coke to make it work for me, but I know there are lots of people who have been cashing these in for the past few years and feel at least they are getting something back. If you DO collect them, you can find sites all over the internet where people post codes they don't plan to use and you can use them instead. I thought about starting a code passing thread on the freebie forum....but never did.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM

426 posts, read 1,165,102 times
Spicy how many letters/numbers are in the codes? I found some the other day and there were 15. They would not go in. They do not use 15 anymore, so if your codes are old they wont work. they have to only have 12 now.
I use them for the free 12 packs and for free movie rentals at blockbuster.I get extra ones at the store sometimes by the bottle return area. I have cashed a lot in. I wish they had better stuff like resteraunt cards.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:12 AM

609 posts, read 1,111,182 times
i used to do it. it was easiest to read it if you pop out the plastic in the cap as was said above...my fingernail was usually able to pop it out. i always retrieved my points for coupons for a free soda. it was like my own personal rewards card lol. i stopped using it though. i quit drinking coke.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:16 PM

6,611 posts, read 11,434,271 times
I agree the rewards offered have gone way down in value since they first started. When I began a few years back they had gift cards and some decent 'gifts', but now they seem to mostly offer sweepstakes entries.

That said - I have managed to score enough points for my daughter & I to both get free pogo subscriptions for a year which is $40 value each, so I'm happy there. Unfortunately that promo ends jan 2011.

They still have a requirement that you have to enter codes at least every 90 days or they zero out the points accumulated. They did this to me once, but I shot off a complaint to cs and they reinstated them.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 PM

32,804 posts, read 33,754,295 times
I have done it. But my points always expire before I accumulate enough to do something with them.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM

1,903 posts, read 4,971,030 times
They're good for magazine subscriptions and a couple of years ago, I got a PS3 video game.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM

5,702 posts, read 16,485,242 times
My son has been doing this faithfully for a couple of years now. I started it but had a hell of a time trying to read the codes. I gave up on it myself. I admit we drink way too much soda so we had a lot of points but even so, it took him a good 2 years before he could cash them in for something worthwhile. He had his eye on the cookie jar but it sells out often. So 2 weeks ago he noticed they had the jars in stock and finally cashed in all his points. I think a 1,000? Anyway, he got the cookie jar and wow, what a piece of junk! Its ceramic and of decent size but the paint job is awful. On one side part of the logo is missing and there are several dot lines that go around the cookie jar. It gets wavy and drifts off to nothing. It is one of the worse paint jobs I have seen in a long time. Also add the lid is smaller than it should be and off kilter.

He was pretty disappointed and I was annoyed that I dealt with all these pop caps in my junk drawer for so long. He decided to write them a letter. I told him to be respectful but to basically state his disappointment. He did this and the next day he got a reply that he could keep the cookie jar and that the points he spent were put back into his account. So yay, I have to deal with more pop caps. Not sure what he wants to save for now. I was impressed that they replied so quickly and just gave him a complete refund of his points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products