U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:17 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,940,079 times

Advertisements

I prefer Target over Walmart because I feel they're always cleaner and I just like their products more. I've always run to Target if I need a cheap shirt for a day at the beach, or a quick skirt for an unexpected dinner and didn't want to pay out the butt.. They've never let me down..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM

238 posts, read 765,407 times
Target just seems way too pricy to me incomparison to Wal-Mart. I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart since it's the only option here. It would be quite a drive to get to a Target. Our Wal-Mart is great. People are nice and employees are as well. Not the cleanest place in the world but not entirely disgusting.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM

190 posts, read 621,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
Target just seems way too pricy to me incomparison to Wal-Mart. I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart since it's the only option here. It would be quite a drive to get to a Target. Our Wal-Mart is great. People are nice and employees are as well. Not the cleanest place in the world but not entirely disgusting.
Where do you live?? The only place you have to do your grocery shopping is Wal-Mart and you describe it as "not entirely disgusting." There is no grocery in town that is clean?? I think I would move

Old 01-11-2008, 07:57 PM

22 posts, read 52,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
You are a lot like my family, we usual do a lot of our shopping at walmart. I like target, but as you said for most stuff it is overpriced, as well I would have drive at least an hour to get to one.

Also our walmart went through renovations last year so everything is nice and clean. As for employees they are very nice, but this may be do to the fact it is small town, and know quite a few from church, and other connections.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,821,376 times
Target is nothing more than a Wal-mart for white people. And that's that.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:50 PM

3,908 posts, read 9,634,101 times
Default I don't buy it (pun intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ara^bess View Post
From the WalMart site:

Our average hourly wage for regular full-time associates in the U.S. is $10.65 an hour, almost double the federal minimum wage.

Sounds fair enough to me. Even if it didn't, I have to shop based on my own salary...not the salary a store pays their employees. If I have to weigh out what retail/grocery/fast food establishments pay their employees before I feel I can do any purchasing...I would go insane. I'm not an uncaring person, I simply have to live within the budget of my own salary and take care of my family. WalMart works for me. Target works for me too....but only if I have extra money.
Follow this logic a bit further and you'll be buying stolen goods because they're a better value. If your only criteria is the price, then what does that say for your character?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 AM

1,645 posts, read 2,143,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Follow this logic a bit further and you'll be buying stolen goods because they're a better value. If your only criteria is the price, then what does that say for your character?
You are making a HUGE leap there and questioning someone's character for shopping at WalMart and living within their own tight budgets is, in my opinion, way out of line.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,898,559 times
I went to Walmart yesterday because I received a couple of gift cards for Christmas. I actually bought three things all of which were made in the USA. One was a set of stainless steel drip pans for the stove, an American Greetings card, and a box of trash bags. The store was chaotic as usual, and it's always noisy in there.

Afterwards I went to Target to get an RX filled since I had a coupon for free gift card with a new RX. Target was just as busy; however it was more calm, more quiet and the people were much friendlier, especially the attractive girl working in the pharmacy

Old 01-23-2008, 12:48 PM

1,719 posts, read 6,185,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I went to Walmart yesterday because I received a couple of gift cards for Christmas. I actually bought three things all of which were made in the USA. One was a set of stainless steel drip pans for the stove, an American Greetings card, and a box of trash bags. The store was chaotic as usual, and it's always noisy in there.

Afterwards I went to Target to get an RX filled since I had a coupon for free gift card with a new RX. Target was just as busy; however it was more calm, more quiet and the people were much friendlier, especially the attractive girl working in the pharmacy
That's how I feel about Target too. It may be busy, but it feels calm. Whatever they are doing to make it seem that way was a great idea.
There is something about Walmart that a certain type of person loves, and unfortunately for me, that certain type of person bothers me while I am shopping there.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,336,326 times
Target is usually clean, not so croweded. Wal-mart is dirty most of the time and very croweded.

Target has better quality, Wal-mart has crappy quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products